263

There was once a young girl with green eyes who wore her soft blonde hair in braided pigtails.

At the age of seven, she watched her older sister stand in front of the mirror before school and pinch her stomach with a disgusted face.
Neither of them ate breakfast that morning.

At the age of nine, she watched her older brother make fun of a girl with glasses for reading on the bus.
She went home and hid all of her books in the attic.

At the age of twelve, she watched the older girls at school with straight hair and short skirts put on makeup in the bathroom and discuss how boys would only like you if you looked perfect, like them.
The next day, she arrived with red lips, short shorts, and no braided pigtails.

At the age of fourteen, she watched her father hit her mother for the first time. Her mother cried when she saw her standing in the doorway and told her daddy didn't mean it.
The next year she told herself that her boyfriend didn't mean it either.

At the age of sixteen, she was paper thin and empty with straight blonde hair, red lips, purple flesh, and lifeless green eyes.
While staring at her reflection in the bathroom mirror, she thought to herself, "At least I'm normal."