Chapter One

Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates, Kate Angell. The easy breeze, lifted up the spare flicks of hair that fluttered across Agent Prentiss’ face. She smiled and lifted her hands to push it back but was beaten by Agent Hotchner, as he gently swept back the her black locks that had gotten free. He moved his hand slowly across the red and white striped picnic blanket upon which they sat and held onto his dear friends hand.

“I wish it could be like this everyday. I mean just look, there is no calls, no boring office, no case files. Don’t you ever just get sick of the same routine?” Emily asked as she shuffled her head in Aaron’s lap.

Her piercing brown eyes, cautiously watched Aaron as he mulled over his answer.

“Yes, I do wish it was like this sometimes especially when it’s a heavy case.” He slurred his words ever so slightly now that he was free of the office.

The stress of work and professionalism, changed even the slightest part of his life. Emily continued to smile in return and focused on his face. Her eyes followed the lines of his face, taking in the creases and edges. She loved him, all of him and just wanted to stroke her fingers along those edges that defined his face. Aaron smiled back at Emily, it was different with her, different from Haley or anyone else he loved, with Emily, it was easy and he didn’t feel the nagging need to protect her, although he would at any instance. It was during this moment of peace and calm, that a small buzzing started. A buzzing that Agent Prentiss and Agent Hotchner knew all too well.

The second that Agent Hotchner stepped into the room, it came alive with action. JJ stood at the front of the room, passing files around to everyone who sat crowded around. She nodded at Hotchner as she handed him a file and turned to face the team.

“This is Meredith McDaniel, she was sixteen. Her parents; Jewel and Douglas McDaniel reported her missing on Friday but nothing happened until Monday when Sargent Brenner took up the case. She has a sister; Valora, who was with her at the time of the abduction. Unfortunately Valora, didn’t seen anything because she was in the bathroom. Camera footage doesn’t show clear enough because a couple was in the way of the view. I’m getting Garcia to work on it now but she doesn’t think that she will get anything. This is believed to be the first abduction from this unsub. Her body was found yesterday. It was posed on the family's front yard with a sign attached to her saying ‘am I pretty now’. Meredith has blonde hair, brown eyes, she’s short, sort of pudgy,” JJ stated.

Agent Hotchner shot her a look, he believed it was rude to say such things unprofessionally about the victim but knew it was probably important somehow.

“Her hair is stringy and she has pimples all along her face especially on her forehead,” JJ finished.

“And that’s relevant how?” Agent Morgan asked, rolling his hand around in question.

“I see where’s she’s going with this. It’s horrible to say but her sister; Valora is much more attractive. Look at the screen, if you were going to abduct someone, wouldn’t you abduct the prettier girl?” Agent Prentiss answered.

The team sat quietly as they took in this information.

"Well it does tell us something. Wheels up in twenty, with something like this it doesn't seem personal so he'll probably kill again soon." Hotchner said as he closed his file. Time to go.

The team stepped up into their jet, Rossi still taking in the jet. After twenty or so years away from work, the jet took him by surprise. The feeling of the comfortable leather seat, relaxed Reid, he looked out the window and he buckled his belt. His smooth hands wrung together as he focused on his breathing.

"Would it be fair to say that you don't like flying?" Morgan chuckled as he sat in front of him, doing his own.

" I don't understand how it works, I mean I get all that above wind, speed and what not but it's not actually attached to anything." Read explained, his hands gestures described all of his words visually as they danced to his words.

Morgan laughed and rubbed his hand against his balding head.

"So that's what the resident genius is afraid of, flying."

Fifteen minutes into the flight, Hotchner stood up to continue the case study.

"When we land, Reid visit the family, they'll be more calmed by a younger detective, Rossi go with him, senior authority will help as well. JJ speak to the press, make sure nothing gets out, at the moment we don't want to start giving out information, also contact Garcia and find out how she's going with the surveillance footage. Prentiss; victimology, Morgan and I will speak to Detective Brenner, we'll start on any witnesses who were there at the time. Review the case again before we land, we want to know anything to do with the unsub." Agent Hotchner directed before sitting back down.

 A/N: Votes and comments are greatly appreciated. All and any feedback will be taken in with serious consideration so please talk to me! :)