Chapter Five

“Have you tried the Detective’s mobile?” Prentiss asked for the second time.

Morgan was busy fiddling around with the settings on his phone.

“Yes and it’s turned off!” Morgan shouted frustrated.

He had tried to call Reid for the last hour and yet there was no reply. The BAU agents had all returned to the station to talk. Clearly their strategy wasn’t working and a new one was in order. They decided that even though it may be hard but they desperately needed to find his current location. The entire BAU team just wanted his guy caught and to go home. To ease the stress, Morgan and Prentiss were sitting outside on the steps, watching some birds scatter about.

Prentiss sighed and out of desperation, pulled her hair up into a hand held pony tail, while she slithered the one on her wrist down.

“Look, I’m sorry for yelling at you,” Morgan started to apologise before he noticed her neck.

His eyes rolled around and saw the love bites that trailed down her the back and side of her neck. What would have normally being covered by hair was now exposed for viewing.

“Well, looks like someone has had some fun lately. I didn’t know you had a partner,” Morgan teased, easing some of his tension about Reid.

“I do, is that so wrong,” Prentiss replied.

“It is when it’s your boss,” Morgan replied instantly.

“Excuse me?!” Prentiss exclaimed.

“I sort of noticed, I mean the way he looked at you yesterday. There was definitely something going on.” He replied happy to have something to tease her about.

She blushed and shook it off, “I have no idea what you are talking about, go back to calling Reid.”

The longer they sat there, the more they tried calling. Hotchner eventually came out and nodded at the two.

“Were you able to contact Reid or the detective?”

“No, for some reason, they are just completely ignoring us,” Morgan answered.

“Somethings wrong,” Prentiss added.

“Yes, they should have been back ages ago.” Hotchner replied.

“Not just that, but I mean that Detective Brenner is lying to us. He is going out of his way to be an obstacle in our case. Before when he recognised the unsub, he tried to withhold information from me. I pretty much had to arrest him for it,” Prentiss expressed.

Hotchner and Morgan exchanged glances before focusing on Prentiss.

“I’ve noticed that he has being hostile to us as well. He has not appeared very trustworthy throughout this investigation,” Hotchner mentioned.

Prentiss nodded and looked at Morgan’s phone.

“We need to find Reid,” Prentiss and Hotchner said almost at the same time.

Morgan chuckled under his breath as he stood up.

They called Garcia and told her that Reid was missing.

“Oh my, I am on it right now sir!” Her voiced chimed.

The sound of her tapping furiously away at her keyboard only encouraged the anxious fears of the BAU. If Garcia was an animal, in that moment of time, she would have been a lion. Deadly and determined. Her heart roared with a furiousity that deemed it between life and death to find her co-worker, even without the words been expressed themselves.