Chapter 18

Alex takes me out to the dance floor. A bunch of people stare at me, but I ignore them. I see Peggy and she wiggles her eyebrows. I smile and roll my eyes at her.

I grab his hand with my right hand and rest my left on his shoulder. He holds my hand with his left hand and rests with right hand on my lower back. We start at the same time everyone else starts. (The dancing will be one of the only things that I look up, but will not use the information I looked up. I'll talk more about it at the end.)

"When I heard you were coming, I was quite surprised," he says, all the women, including me, spin.

"Why is that?" I ask.

"I don't think you're the type of person to go to these types of events," he replies. I smirk.

"I guess I'm just unpredictable sometimes," I say.

"I like a lady that's unpredictable," he states.

"Oh really. Too bad you're not rich, or my dad would hate you less," I tell him. He chuckles. I see a girl who's looking at me. She looks hurt. I recognize this lady as Elizabeth Schuyler. I realize why she looks hurt. I suddenly feel horrible.

"I was actually meaning to talk to you about that. My friend-" he starts saying, but I cut him off.

"But that doesn't matter now, you'll be rich soon anyways," I utter. He looks at me and smiles s bit. "Looks like you've caught the eye of Elizabeth Schuyler. You get with her, you'll be rich."

"But [Y/N]-"

"Go get her lover boy," I say and push him away. I feel my heart break as I quickly walk away. He tries to grab my wrist but I'm already gone. I see Peggy and Charles out of the corner of my eye and they look so happy.

I walk into the area I first came into. I walk up to the woman who took my cloak.

"Hello, may I have my cloak please?" I asked. She nodded her head and went to get it. She hands me the cloak, I thank her, put it on, and walk out the building. I'm sorry Alex, you just won't be happy with me.

Hellohellohello! Sorry this is so short. I just thought it was good to stop it here.

Now about the dancing thing. I have had this in mind since the third chapter. And I wanted to look up ballroom dances in the 18th century. The first thing that came up was something like "nah bro barely any touching, they just mirrored each other. Whoops" and I didn't want that. So yeah. Sorry? You probably don't care.

Anyways, I'll see y'all later BAII!!
-Kenny