Stem 4: Blessed Carwell

As a series of faeries, their wings turning to ash, began to fall around her, Natalie Carwell put her hand out and took a deep breath. 

    "That was the last of Zarkadda's loyalists, I see."

    "My queen! You've outdone yourself." An orb of spores began to dance around Natalie's hair with blinding, white light. 

    "Forsythia, you're quite the annoying thing!" Natalie shook her head. "Now that I've taken out the rest of that stupid de'Navra's legacy, I should think about going after an old friend, just to finally tie up all the loose ends in this world." 

    "What do you mean? The world is full of loose ends!" The cotton spore, wings attached, chortled as it floated over a field of trees. 

     "Hmph, I don't think you really understand. There's still a young man who walks this Earth with a de'Navra's soul in him, and ever since meeting him, my life has been filled with utter despair."

     "D- Despair? My queen, that's a strong word, isn't it?" 

     "I can only hope it is, Forsythia." Driving her foot into a fallen twig, the girl gritted her teeth. "I can only hope that my feelings of despair are shared with the world, but more importantly, him." 

     "W- Well, um, I think you have some friends to meet, first! The other 'Flower Children' would love to meet you! You've done such a great job of destroying Zarkadda and, um, invoking fear into the hearts of the other tribunal faeries- Granted, only one exists, now. Agnus." 

     "My former teacher, of all people, he was. Hmph. Men. All they do is lie, lie, lie. This world is full of lying and disheveled men, who need to fall before my sword. I'm so tired of seeing this world being run by disgusting, fat, and self-victimizing men. Their cowardice, along with their existence, should be wiped cleanly away." 

     "Wh- Whoa! J- Just how many men are we talkin' 'bout here, my queen?" Sweat beads dripped off the spore. 

     "Just enough 'til they understand never to fuck with a girl who's determined. Determined to wipe away all the sorrow from this world. Determined to make sure that no more monsters get to have their way with anyone ever again," Natalie drew in a deep breath, feeling a wind graze across the field of trees and grass as she spoke. "but most of all, determined to make sure one boy and one boy alone gets a taste of his own chaotic medicine. Max."