My Life

Ever since I was little my foster parents always said there was something different about me, something special. I grew up wondering what it could be. I've always felt like I was missing, like I wasn't real. As the years pass by my curiosity grew and so did I. Today is a special day, my 13th birthday. My Papa said we were going somewhere special. I was excited to see where he would take me. Maybe to the circus, or Carowinds. I've also wondered what being on a roller coaster was like. As I kept thinking about where he would take me, we stop. He looked at me and said we have arrived to our destination. I looked around to see that we stopped at a hospital. I was confused for a while but I pushed back my thoughts and got out the car. As Papa and I was walking I began to feel a chill up my spin like something was wrong. I stopped to ask Papa, why are we here? He just looked at me and smiled, "it is a surprise Alex you will see." I stared into his eyes for a while and kept on my journey. He pushed the door slowly open and to my surprise I saw my mama there she had a smile on her face holding a birthday cake saying "Happy Birthday My Special Little One". I looked around and there were doctors and nurses. For some strange reason I felt like I knew this place, like I've been here before. It all seemed like deja vu. Mama and papa told me to have a seat, they said it was time. I looked up at them with a curiosity. Time for what? "We need to tell you the truth my love," mama said. "Remember how we've always said your different from other people. Well yes, that is true" papa added.