003 | 3 tips i learned from graphic designing | tips!

have u ever made a book cover that looked good at first but then realize it's actually shit? because i feel that too! And for my almost 3 years in making graphics here are some life changing tips i learned along the way!!

these tips aren't professional they're just purely out of my experience and yours could be different!

(applicable for both mobile and desktop designers)

TIPS

tip #1 - do not rely on textures alone, as your background
-you see, textures are AMAZING but i have realized that having ONE background and adding other elements to it is better than just putting together a texture background

-you can add the texture to it but using textures plainly as your background isn't really good (imo)

-it also depends on the genre of the book cover you are gonna make

bad ex:

-this one's a fantasy cover and i made this long ago

-this one's a fantasy cover and i made this long ago. I just made layers of textures in the background and that's it!
-this book cover is very bad (imo) because you don't get a perspertive of where he is, is he in a forest? in a castle? in a what?? you don't get to feel that it's a fantasy book!

good example:
[credits to the owner]

-this is very good! u know it's gonna be sci-fi/futuristic because of the building behind the character! And the designer of this graphic didn't just put the background and then the characters but! she/he used textures too!

-it depends on how u use your resources!!

tip #2 - where to look? what to look for?
-looking for resources that fits your needs are very very hard!

-i find it easy that if you are looking for backgrounds, do not directly for search it on google because most of the time, it has bad quality