6

It wasn't just one ship, two others slightly smaller in size were trailing behind.

By the looks of it, the enemy was back in seek for revenge for its previous defeat.

"Vastia brought more men with him this time," Natsu spoke the words with hate and anger.

A scowl was on his face.

He turned to look at her.

And in her eyes he saw that she was frightened. He took a quick glance at the sun and found that it wasn't fully submerged yet.

With his wish unbroken, Lucy was still defenseless.

He grabbed her hand pulled her towards the Captain's chamber. He did not mean to do it harshly, but the enemy was advancing, they needed to move quickly.

"What are we going to do?"

She struggled to keep up with his strides, her face in a panic.

He didn't answer.

"Natsu?"

Now her eyes were glistening with tears.

With a forceful push, he opened the door to his quarter, pushing her inside.

The look on her eyes was still the same.

Filled with fright, panic, and moist.

She looked so lost. Trapped in this situation, she didn't know what to do.

Hoping to calm her down, he gently placed his hands on her cheeks.

As if reassuring her that there was nothing to be afraid of.

"Stay here. Wait for me," he said, his voice trying to sound composed.

"What?! No!"

"Lucy-"

"I can help you!" now tears were flowing down her face endlessly, "Let me help you! I can-"

"No!" he unintentionally raised his voice, "You're stripped off of your powers right now."

That's right.

She was powerless.

Only until the sun had set would her power as the ruler of the sea be given back to her.

Till then, she could only cry like a helpless child. This was the moment she cursed herself for being so useless.

"W-What should I do?" Lucy sobbed, "I-I can't let you-"

"Sweetheart," he sighed at her stubbornness, "Let me handle this."

"I can't just sit here and do nothing-"

Even though he understood how she felt, there was no point in arguing with the problem that they both were facing.

"We're running out of time!" he shouted, "The ships will catch up any second now."

She shook her head as tears continued to run down, for she knew that there was no way she could help him.

"No, no, no...take me with you...please..."

She has never begged before. With her reputation and pride, never.

"You have to trust me."

"I do!...but...th-they outnumber you...more than a dozen to one," she kept sobbing. It was getting worse.

Of course they did.

And he knew that.

But as a proud Pirate Captain, he knew better than to run away.