Chapter 7: Flourish and Blotts

"I'm still not sure if it was the right decision though," Catarina says as we walk around the corner of Madam Malkin's shop. 

"It won't be that bad, Catarina. Maybe I'll even make a friend out of it. Although, I don't think I can be great friends with whiny boys that act like little bratty princes," I reply, murmuring the last few words.

Catarina laughs and takes my hand, directing us to Flourish and Blotts. My thoughts were still back at Madam Malkin's though..

Why did that Malfoy boy want to sit with her? He could have chosen every stranger that passed the shop for new robes, but no: he chose her. I feel special in a way that I don't really like. Maybe she should ignore these feelings of doubt. They were based on nothing.

That boy could simply be nice to me, nothing else. I shouldn't be thinking so doubtful, it brings me nowhere. I shake my thoughts off and listen to stories of Catarina.

"And so Ragnor ended up not ever going back to Peru, whatever Magnus may say. Not that Magnus can go back though, as he's banished from Peru." "Why was Magnus banished then," I ask, laughing at Magnus' and Ragnor's adventures in Peru, which contained a walk through the jungle in which Magnus accidently made an ape angry, pirates and(with Catarina) flying carpets, deserts and a hamster.

"Nobody knows. I think Magnus doesn't even know that. Speaking of Magnus, look who I see there through the window!" She tightens her grip on my hand and speeds up her pace. I follow her through the open door of the shop.

It seemed like Heaven was shaped for me in there. Hundreds and hundreds of books on shelves, all around me. My eyes widen to the size of saucers. This was amazing...

"I see you like it here," a voice says next to me. It is Ragnor, smirking at me. I could see through his magic, his green skin matching perfectly with his simple white T-shirt. 

"It's awesome," I mumble, looking around. "Well, you can buy as many books as you like," Malcolm ensures me, appearing from behind Ragnor. Magnus was looking in an old book, just smiling at me for a moment before returning his attention to the texture.

"What does the list from Albus say about which books you need," Ragnor asks, taking me to the large shelves spent on school books. I grab the folded paper from the inside of my jumper and unfold it.

I recall all the books on the list as Ragnor grabs them from the shelves. The thought of reading these books, knowing all these things, excited me. I couldn't wait to begin with those books..

Also, I've never heard of subjects like 'Potions' or 'Transfiguration'. Maybe because those won't be given on normal schools, Hermione, you idiot, I scolded myself in my thoughts. I imagine myself trying to learn about these subjects.

Ragnor walks towards the cash desk and I follow him. While he was paying and conversing with the shop worker I look around. There were so many children of my age, so many people like me. Or well, kind of like me.

Were there more warlocks here? Was I the only one with a demon for a parent? Because that was another question to ask: who was he? Why did he attack my adoptive father? He did say that the demon was jealous, but why..? Because of my affection for my adoptive parent? But why didn't he show up earlier then!

"Hermione, are you alright?" I look to my left, seeing Ragnor staring at me with worry. I quickly plaster a smile on my face, acting like nothing happened. "Oh yes, I'm fine. Are we done with shopping for school now?" 

He frowns his eyebrows but quickly readjusts himself. "Not yet, you still have one thing you need to have. I believe Magnus offered to go with you, as I have an appointment in Idris for the Shadowhunter Academy, Catarina has a shift at the hospital and Malcolm.. does something."

"What is Idris, exactly," I ask him. He smiles, he seems satisfied with the fact that I'm eager to learn. "Idris is the homeland of the Nephilim, also known as Shadowhunters. It is somewhere between France and Germany, if I'm right."

"But Idris doesn't excist on the maps," I remark, my eyebrows frowned. "That's because Idris is hidden. Only if you're a Shadowhunter you can walk through the borderline and visit Idris. You have to see their demon towers. It's a beautiful sight. I'll take you in one of your holidays maybe," he replies.

I was excited for more knowledge about this specie that calls theirselves Shadowhunters. I don't know what it is, but it triggers my fascination.

Someone taps me on my shoulder. I look up to meet the mix between green and gold that are Magnus' eyes. "Are you ready to pick your wand, Hermione?"