Chapter 25: "You Won't Loose Me"

THIRD PERSON POV

Joe was stood in the waiting area outside of Kennedy's room, he wasn't allowed in at the moment. He had been told she had fell unconscious in the ambulance due to a large loss of blood. He was pacing back and forth as regular updates came however, he still hasn't seen her as she had been in surgery.

"How is she?" He quickly questioned as her doctor came around the corner. He gave Joe a small smile.

"She's our of surgery, all the wounds have been stitched up, and her blood transfer was successful. She will be okay, she'll be coming around soon so I'll come and grab you when you'll be allowed to see her" he explained the situation before heading back to where Joe suspected would be Kennedy's room.

Joe let out a breath of relief as he leant up against the wall, letting out a whimper followed by tears, he felt truly heartbroken hoping his girl would be okay.

About An hour later, the doctor had come back to Joe saying he was allowed to see her now, also that she'd be a little out of it from the surgery. Joe looked through the small glass window on the door, finding his eyes glassing up again and he looks at her lying still on the bed. He slowly pushes the door open and joins her at her bedside, sitting down in the chair next to her.

"You'll be okay, I love you" he mutters quietly over and over again holding her hand, waiting for her to wake up. After around 40 minutes, Joe had drifted off to sleep in the chair.

"J-Joe" Joe shot awake after hearing her voice, he gripped her hand then moved both hands to hold her face.

"Oh my god, you had me so worried" Joe speaks, sounding over the moon.

"I can tell" she stutters, as she wipes a few old tears off his face.

"I'm not not going to make you tell me everything that happened, tell me in your own time. And if that's never, then that's okay" Joe said truthfully holding her hand with both of his.

"I could feel everything" she whispered.

"What do you mean?" Joe questioned, she looked at him directly in the eyes before looking back at her lap.

"He hit me with something, knocked me out. Everything he did to me while he thought I was out, I could feel. It was like, I felt all the pain but couldn't speak, yell or make him stop. It felt like I was paralysed" she said, letting a few tears roll down her cheeks at the memories, Joe's face dropped as he let a tear fall down his cheek also.

"I'm so so sorry" he wiped it away looking at the ground "I should've just broke Ross's door down when I was there. I could've stopped this"

"Don't you dare blame yourself Joe" Kennedy said in a weak voice, a few of her words slurred and sounding very tired due to the anaesthetic.

"How you feeling Kennedy?" A doctor asks her walking into her room.

"A bit sore, but I'll live" she smiles at the doctor then at Joe. When the doctor finished checking up in Kennedy, he turned his attention to Joe.

"Visiting hours will be up in ten mi-" he started before Joe cut him off.

"I'm not leaving. I can't, I'm staying by he side until she's out of here." Joe refused shaking his head.

"I don't think I can allow t-"

"Please" Joe begged, eyes watering up again. The doctor was silent as he thinking about what to say.

"Okay. I'll let my manager know" he gave up walking out the room.

"You'll have to go home at some point" Kennedy said to Joe, he just shook his head.

"I'm not leaving your side, even when we get out of here" Joe said seriously.

"I'll get sick of you very quick" she joked "thank you Joe. I don't like being alone" she admitted.

"I know, that's why I want stay, and because I couldn't be at home thinking about what was going on here, when I could just be here with you" he rubbed her hand with his thumb smiling at her "I'm going to loose you now. Not after everything"

"You won't loose me, I love you" she said to him, shuffling over a bit on the bed patting it with her hand invitingly Joe to join her.

"I don't want to hurt you" he said feeling unsure.

"You won't, you'd never hurt me" she lifted up the blanket and raised her eyebrows at him. He let out a smile smile and climbed onto the bed under the covers. Kennedy laid on her good side, cuddling up to Joe moving one of legs on top of his.

"Why would he do this to you?" Joe asked tracing circles on her arm with fingers.

"I don't know, he wanted to know the truth about Simon. And thought this was the right way to go about it" she said cuddling up to him more. Her eyes started watering.

"Hey, what's wrong" joe sat up a little holding her face wiping ever tear that dropped.

"I'm just so happy you're here, he was so close t-to killing me Joe. I thought I'd never see you again" she admitted as more tears came.

"Shhh, you're safe now" he comforted her, rubbing her back.

"I always feel safe when I'm with you. You make me feel safe Joe" he smiled down at her as he gently pressed his lips on hers. She brought her hands up and held his face pulling him closer deepening the kiss.

"I love you" Joe said as they pulled away resting his forehead on hers.

"I love you" she repeats before they both fell asleep in each other's arms.