chapter1 Part 2

As soon as I enter my room I change into a pair of black basketball shorts and a plain red t-shirt a size to big on my small body but miss jane said I will grow into it soon I just have to be patient. When I turn around I got myself in the full-length mirror and I gaze at myself. Looking at my almost pale skin, even though I spend most of my time in the sun, my black hair reaching a little past my waist and my light green eyes that have specks of blue in them. I always loved my eyes to me they were the like looking into the tree and seeing the sky through the overlapping of leaves. Knocking on the door takes me out of my train of thoughts, "are you coming or not? Cause you know were kinda hungry here an would like to eat already." Said Paul, a kid about 6 years old with also black hair that is not as dark as mine and dark blue eyes. "yeah I hear you short stack I hear you!" I yell through the door as I open it I see Paul giving me a pout "I am not short" he said in a muffled voice with a smile and a ruffle of his hair as he slapped my hand away "your shorter then me so until you become taller I'm going to keep calling you short stack.". As I proceed to walk away he runs to catch up with me he says with a determined look "watch one day I'll be the taller one and I'll I'll start to call you short stack also." even with his stutter I couldn't help to think that maybe one day that might come true. "that won't happen if you don't ever finish your milk or your vegetables....... short stack." I replied with a small smirk and at the corner of my right eye I see him throw up both of his hands and groans into the air. When we reach the dining room I see 17 other children already sitting down and miss jane sitting at the end by the entrance that leads to the kitchen and at the other end sat miss mono, a older women at her early 40's with blond hair and light blue eyes that show no true care about us but what can you expect she was running a family business and with no other family to take over she is stuck here at the household to watch over us. "finally, you come we have been waiting for you to show up that I was soon about to say no lunch for you." Miss mono says to me with a small glare that did not look good on her at all, "sorry miss mono to keep you waiting." I say urgently while heading to my seat right between Paul and James. After a minute of silence, we all began to dish up our plates of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with watermelon slices and 5 different chips. Half an hour later we were all done with our lunches and put our dirty dishes in the sink I rushed outside to my willow hoping to go back to my peaceful thoughts. As I ran once again through the forest to my little home I spot my willow in the middle of the field seeing the indent in the grass I have already laid down in I went to the ruff spot and stared at the clouds thinking of what shapes they look like and at the birds as they fly freely in the sky. I start to hum a tune that is stuck in my head but I never found out where I heard it from for I would love to learn the melody or to even hear it once just so I can know what the tune is saying. For I know in the back of my head that there is something in that song that I am supposed to know about but I have the slightest clue what it is. Though when I do learn it I will sing at the top of my lung's...... well maybe not that loud but enough where I could be heard all around in the forest.