Chapter One

((Here we go, folks - I have no idea if anyone will read this, but I'm posting it anyways! The PoV will switch everytime you see a "---," just so you're all aware~ Otherwise, longer spaces between paragraphs just means a timeskip!)) - your aspiring author who's praying her first fanfic she's actually happy with gets some recognition, Margie c:
[735 words]

The year, 1989. It was a warm, breezy day, the sun streaming down outside of the doors of the Kujo household. The world seemed at peace, now that the flesh bud had been removed from my brain.

Peace.

It was the first thing I thought of after being freed. I'd forgotten what it felt like after having three months of my life taken away from me and being controlled by the monster who implanted the flesh bud, Dio. I can live the rest of my life thanks to Star Platinum, Jotaro's stand.

Jotaro.

He was the second thing that came to my mind. What an... intriguing guy. I'd just attempted to kill him, although under Dio's influence, yet he saved my life. The tall, well-built boy sat expressionlessly with the others in the room - his mother, Holly Kujo; his grandfather, Joseph Joestar, and the grandson of Jonathan Joestar whose body Dio was currently possessing; and Avdol, an egyptian man who'd had an encounter with Dio in Egypt a few months back.

"Holly!" Joseph was shouting for his daughter who insisted that he call her Seiko in Japan, despite being given such a "beautiful name," Joseph exclaimed in disbelief.

"How are you feeling, Kakyoin?" Holly ignored Joseph's cries and directed her attention towards me.

"U-uh, I'm all right..." I muttered, trying not to laugh at the scene unfolding.

"Holly!" Jotaro sighed at his grandfather's cries.

"Good grief.." He pulled his hat down, hiding his face.

Amid the chaos, one thought ran through my mind: what was I supposed to do now? Continue attending Jotaro's school and finish out my year here? Return home to my parents and explain that some blonde vampire freak has been controlling me for the past three months since we came home from our trip in Egypt? Did I have another option than those two? I wasn't sure where to go or what to do.

"Kakyoin, you should rest," Mrs. Kujo scolded me as I began to sit up. "You should rest here for the night. We can't have you going anywhere like that." I stopped her.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kujo. I appreciate your hospitality, but I'm afraid I've overstayed my welcome-" She cut me off before I could continue.

"Nonsense! You're welcome here anytime. Now, get some rest." I nodded, understanding that she was too stubborn to let me do otherwise.

"Thank you again, Mrs. Kujo. I truly appreciate it." Giving her a weak but warm smile, I laid back down and closed my lavender eyes to fall asleep and rest, as she'd requested. With some hushed talk, everyone seemed to leave the room, and it took me no time at all to fall asleep.

Slowly, I sat up and opened my eyes to the sight of Jotaro sitting in a chair in front of me, his feet up on the table and a Shonen Jump magazine in his hands. He hadn't noticed me waking up, still engrossed in his reading.

"Jotaro." I tried to get his attention without startling him. He closed his magazine hastily, tossing it lightly on the table before turning his head towards me. "Why did you save me?" He stared past me, thought swirling in his ocean blue eyes.

"Dunno. Don't really have a reason, I just felt like it." This guy - he just risked his own life to save the life of some school kid who tried to murder him earlier in the day. I was speechless. He pulled his hat down, covering his eyes again, and turned back towards the table, picking up his magazine and standing up. I sat up a little as he began to walk out of the room. As he reached the door, I hastily grabbed the hem of Jotaro's sleeve, startling him for a moment before he regained his cool composure.

"Jojo, thank you. I'd be dead in a few days, if not sooner, if you hadn't saved me from that hell. Thank you." A light blush dusted my cheeks from pure happiness. I was alive. It was all thanks to him. I let go of his sleeve and got comfortable again on the floor as he pulled his hat down.

"Don't mention it; it was nothing," he muttered, looking away from me just a moment too late. I caught what had happened, and it took me by surprise.

The corners of his mouth turned up in a smile.