The Chase

Jade was thinking the same thing I was. We looked at each other, petrified to the spot, and both of us let out a blood-curdling scream of horror. The moment we stopped screaming the person ran off. We sat there, not daring move until we heard the footsteps of the person die far away into the forest... "Should we run?" I asked, terrified.
"Yes we need to run back to the Jeep and drive home" she replied, white- faced from shock.
"OK, three, two, one... RUN!"
We both dashed out of the tent only to find the same person, (who was a creepy man, with the most disturbing face I will never, ever forget), standing an inch from our faces staring at us! We didn't stop to fully examine his face, as we feared for each others life, and sprinted as fast as we could back to the Jeep. However, when we were running, we heard heavy footsteps coming from behind us! We sprinted even faster and heard the footsteps die away again. We reached the Jeep a few minutes later and got in, not bothering to put seat belts on, and sped down the road back home. Both of us we gasping for air and I managed to say "Call the police Jade, call the police!"
"Shoot! The phones are still in the tent!"
"Oh no! As soon as we get inside your house use the home-phone to call them ok?"
"OK" she replied.
What happened at that moment will haunt me for the rest of my life and I hope no one will ever have to experience this... I felt something breathing near my neck, and as I turned slowly around it was the man! He was in the car with us! I screamed and so did the car as Jade slammed the breaks. We full on sprinted the rest of the way home and threw open the door and locked it. We went upstairs to Jade's room (which had a home-phone in) and dialled 999...