Ending

Seokjin tried to be happy with Irene. He really did. The only problem was Seokjin. Seokjin could only smile politely when she joked. It wasn't like the times he spent with Jungkook. 

Jungkook made his days light up, always making Seokjin smile.

His sense of humor was very funny in every way.

Seokjin loved Jungkook. The realization was always there, he just never acknowledged it.

So when Irene confronts him, he isn't too surprised.

"We need to talk." Irene says solemnly. Seokjin already knows what she's going to say.

"This..this isn't going to work out, Seokjin." Irene says. "I really wanted you to like me, but it seems that you don't. I'm ok with that. And that's why I think we should break up."

"I agree with you Irene. I know this is very absurd of me, but I was hoping we could stay friends."

"Of course we can stay friends. Also, by any chance, do you already like someone? Is that why you can't express any romantic emotions towards me?"

"Actually, I do." Seokjin admits.

"Really? If you don't mind if I ask, but who is it?"

"I..It's Jeon Jungkook." Seokjin says softly, after making sure no one is listening to their conversation. "Please keep this a secret."

"Really? I'm happy for you, Seokjin. I really am. Don't worry, I'll keep your secret safe." Irene smiles genuinely.

"Thank you for understanding, Irene." Seokjin smiles back.

...

"I can't believe you chickened out." Yoongi groaned.

Jungkook tried to defend himself. "Hey! Do you know how awkward it would've been to walk on them? They were fucking confessing!"

"They're dating?," Namjoon frowns. "I didn't know that. They don't even act like it."

"Not everyone displays public affection, Joon." Yoongi rolls his eyes.

Namjoon blushed. "Well, most people do.."

Yoongi turns his attention to Jungkook. "You better confess for real. Don't run away this time."

"I will, I will." Jungkook grumbled.

"Fighting~!!" Namjoon says, pumping his fist up.

"Enough with the cringey shit." Yoongi rolls his eyes.

Namjoon pouts. He starts doing aegyo. "B-But Joonie wants to be cute~"

"Cute my ass." Yoongi says, irritated.

Jungkook laughs.

...

Jungkook traps Seokjin at the front of the school building after school.

Jungkook swears he saw a small smile form on the edges of Seokjin's lips, but disappeared quickly.

"What do you want this time?"

"I came to apologize. I didn't mean to throw the confession at you so suddenly, and I regret breaking you're heart. So please. Forgive me." Jungkook bowed 90 degrees.