The Beginning

"Come on, Jose. We've got to keep the crystal safe."

"Sure", replied Jose, who had been lagging behind on their journey to the underground cave.

"What's the plan?"

"You do know that that's something I should be asking. You're practically the genius here."

"You don't expect me to be in my right state of mind when an army of 'i don't know what the hell they are' bionic soldiers are underway in their mission to transform us into burnt toast."

Loius who was crouching turned his head to face Jose.

"Seriously? Burnt toast?"

"I know it's wrong but I suddenly developed an appetite for burnt toast. Couldn't help it."

Louis sighed and after thinking for some seconds spoke.

"I've hatched a plan which is definitely not as super duper as yours would have been but we don't have a choice. Get the crystal and place it in the case, make sure to examine it properly. I'll open a portal that will transport it to a safe place on Earth. And do NOT interrupt me, the crystal could get lost in the process."

"Okay, it's not like I'm a nuisance or something." He turned to Loius, just to find him giving him that look.

"Really?"

"Didn't say anything."

"It's really remarkable how your mouth doesn't say anything but every other part of your face does."

"Jealous that I'm capable of that?"
,
"Yeah right."

Jose took the crystal and placed in the case. He started examining it. The crystal was colourless but in it were eight colours that he could see, with red, blue and yellow being prominent.

He scanned each one in the crystal. But on getting to the purple, a scowl formed on his face.

"Ahh, Loius, i think we have a bit of a problem."

"I thought I told you not to interrupt."

"Yeah, that was until I found out that one of these stuff is on it's way to corrupting the others."

"I'm more than a little bit busy but I'll try to get there. Try and do something about it in the meantime."

"I'll try."

Jose tried to draw it out using his power but failed. He then realized that the purple one wasn't fully corrupted, which would mean that he can't bring it out. He tried to think of a solution.

"What if I try separating the purple one into two; one side corrupted and the other not. That way I should be able to draw it out."

Closing his eyes and concentrating on it, he put his hands together and slowly separated them. As he was doing it, a voice spoke in his head.

"Jose. The man whose mentality surpasses that of all beings of Star Roirbse. Trying to be the hero you can never be."

"What the hell." He muttered.

As he continued, the voice continued speaking.

"No matter what you do you'll never be a legend. You'll never be like Loius. You'll forever be invisible. A nerd. After all that you've done, no one will know or acknowledge you."

"Stop messing with my head." Jose growled silently.

"You know I'm right, Jose. If you think I'm wrong, take a trip to your past. When you still lived in a dumpster, in the slumps. You were nothing, a nobody. And that's what you're going to be... forever."

Jose slumped to the ground, eyes closed. He successfully separated the purple one into two. But when he opened his eyes, it was obvious that the words he heard had got to him. He got up and his eyes roamed and as they settled on Loius, he smirked.

"Jose, how is it going?" Loius asked in the middle of searching for the right portal.

"Jose, you're alright?"

When he didn't receive a reply, he decided to turn to Jose, just for his oxygen supply to be cut off.

"What the hell are you doing?" Louis asked, after he had been released.

"What does it look I'm doing?"

"I'd like to believe that something has possessed you."

"Not really. It's even something better."

"You're definitely not the Jose that I know."

"That's right. This Jose has reflected on his past and seen that everything he's done has led him nowhere. So now he is going to take charge. Be the upper one for once."

"That sounds like you're possessed."

"Think whatever you want."

Jose turned and walked up to the case and took the crystal.

"What do you think you're doing with that?"

"To be the great man I want to be, I need power. And guess what has that power that I need."

"You are not going anywhere with that crystal. And I'm NOT kidding."

"Never said you were."

"I just needed you to know that and it's implication."

Jose faced Loius.

"Ahhh. I forgot that I was dealing with Loius. Hard way it is."

The two best friends ran towards each other, the battle line drawn, their friendship dying instantly. When close to the portal, Loius grabbed the crystal, threw the crystal into it and closed it.

"You do know that we're not going to find that thing."

"Anything to see your misery."

The two continued fight with Loius defeating Jose every single time. Until he was battered and laid on the ground lifelessly.

The sound of marching soldiers were heard and the guys knew it was only a matter of seconds before they come crashing in.

Loius faced Jose and saw his helpless state.

"I'm so disappointed in you Jose. Hope you don't regret this."

He walked back and fell into the portal, closing it. Just then, the soldiers barged in with Carbenjo, their leader.

"And look at what we have here. If it isn't Jose."