Chapter 16: A Plan to Get the Money Back

Jamie woke up, wishing that finding out about her money being stolen was all a dream. But those hopes were diminished when she saw the jar was still missing. She needed to talk with someone about this because she didn't know what to do.

It was everyone's day off from rehearsals, but she still had to go into work, which she didn't mind. She got in her regular clothes, headed down the stairs, and left for the theater.

Once she went in her office, she saw a vase with a bouquet of her favorite flowers, red roses. She walked up to it and saw a card.

"To my girl who deserves everything."
~Johnny

She smiled with tears. She loved this, but it was still heartbreaking that she had to choose between her love for Johnny or bailing his dad out so he can have his family back. She set the flowers on the corner of her desk and got to work.

Not long after, Buster passed by and saw the flowers.

"Whoa. Johnny came by?" he asked.

"It would seem so. I walked in and they were there," she smiled sadly.

Buster quickly took notice to this and wondered, "What's wrong?"

Jamie sighed and buried her face in her hands as she explained, "The money I saved for Johnny's dad is gone."

"What? How?" he asked in shock as he fully entered her office.

She decided he needed to know, so she said, "Brooke."

"What about Brooke?" Buster asked.

"She took the money. Ever since she got here, she has been horrible to me. She kept saying how she'll destroy us in the competition, how she'll steal Johnny from me, that she was prettier than me, and that I couldn't sing. She and Courtney are the only mean ones and Brooke made the others be mean to us for no reason. But now she's taken the bail money and won't give it back unless I break up with Johnny," Jamie explained.

At that moment, Buster was in such shock. He let this go on, but he was still confused about one thing.

"Why didn't you guys tell me what was going on?" he wondered.

"We tried to the day you gave me the bonus. But you told us how great the show was and we didn't want to ruin it for you. And at the time, we thought all of them were horrible when really it's just Brooke and Courtney," she answered.

That's when guilt filled within him. How could this have happened and how could he let this go on for so long?

Buster got on her desk, picked up the phone, and called Ash. He put it on Speaker.

"Hello?" Ash answered.

"Ash, it's Buster Moon. I know it's your day off, but can you come down to the theater please?" Buster requested.

"Yeah, sure," Ash agreed.

"Thanks. See you then," Buster said then hung.

"What are you planning, Mr. Moon?" Jamie wondered.

"We are going to get your money back and you are going to handle this the theater way," Buster answered.

Jamie smiled and nodded. Once Ash came in, they explained what happened, which made her mad.

"So do you think you can help me out?" Jamie wondered.

"Oh yeah. No one messes with one of my friends and gets away with it," Ash told her.

That's when they got to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N What is their plan to get the money back?