The Hooded Figure-Chapter 3

-Riley Miller- "Hello?" I whisper into the phone while gathering my stuff to go outside so I can hear.

"Riley, where are you?" My mother asks casually into the phone.

I step outside the lunch room and lean against a wall. Not noticing figure with a hood on the other side, I assume who's watching me closely.

"At school? Your not even at home! Your probably at some guys house." I mumble the last part.

But how could you forget about school?

"Wait, Mom are you drunk?" I ask quietly,

"N-no, I'm not drunk." She slurs into the phone.

"Damnit Mom." I say staring ahead, again not noticing the figure lurking in the shadows a couple feet away from me.

"Who are you with?"

And that's when I hear a faint voice almost like a guy but I can't be sure.

"Mom! You told me you wouldn't hook up with anyone!" I yell sliding down the wall and putting my head on my knees.

"I'm not!" She yells back.

"I just heard a guy."

I sigh and turn my head slightly catching a glimpsed the hooded figure standing a couple feet away.

I scream dropping my phone but not cracking it because I wasn't standing up.

But then I jolt up forgetting about my phone and my mom.

"What do you want?" I grumble looking at him.

The person, who I'm guessing is a guy, doesn't answer just stands still.

Even in the shadows I can still see his bulky arms and chest that the hoodie fits smugly around.

"What was that about?"

That's it I'm gonna murder someone or more specific, him.

"I don't know if your bipolar or something but you can't rip up someone's paper and than expect forgiveness and an explanation for something that's going on in my life, Mr. Hood." I snap turning away from him.

He sighs but doesn't stop me until I'm about to turn the corner.

"I'm sorry, I was just mad. You have the perfect life, the life everyone wants. Both parents, good grades, and friends." He says softly, my eyes widen, that's what everyone thinks of me?

"I don't have the perfect life, in fact it's barely a perfect life." Then I pick up my phone sliding it into my back pocket and turn the corner before walking down the hall.

She had hung up on me, not even bothering to ask if I was okay.

But I do catch some words being muttered from his, I assume, perfect mouth. "Your hiding something, it's deep and I will figure it out, Vixen."

Wait hold up, Vixen. Is that some type of nickname?

No there's no way I'm going to be called sunshine. No way at all.
                          ***
   "No, she wanted to ask where I was and I said I'm at school. Then she was all like why are you at school. Then I'm like are you drunk and she was like noooo. Then there was a guys voice and I hung up on her." I explain to Char while using hand movements.

I was getting ready to walk home and she was turning to get in the bus.

"Well, see you tomorrow then." I nod and pull on the straps of my backpack, scared to go home.