Chapter One: Peach Perfume

"Hey give me back Miss Ellie!" I whined, tears forming in my six year old eyes.

I bounced up and down, up and down, up and down. Nothing would work. Begging, fighting, crying... Nothing in this world would persuade my brother to return my favorite stuffed animal. I understand now, he is just being a stupid nine year old brother, tormenting little his sister. But no one touches Miss Ellie. I had to do something to get her back.

Cheeks hot with embarrassment, the tears continued to leak from my eyes. My hands grew hot from frustration. I was so mad that my brother could be this cruel to me. He continued to dangle the stuffed elephant like a treat for a dog above me. I was not having it. The tears began to dry. The headache was a monster. My mind whirled and buzzed, planning on how I could snatch Miss. Ellie from my brothers cluches.

'Maybe if I scream moms name loud enough, I'll have her back. Maybe not, mom might ignore me. What if I bite him? Ewww. Too nasty—'

Lightbulb.

My brother, Jin Soo, has his eyes fixed on me with that expression, 'what are you going to do about it?'

He lean his back on the wall, growing bored of this game. His eyes still fastened on me, his face still harboring slight delight.

My plan was risky, but for this situation, it was the only option. I had to do something, anything to get her back. She comforted me from the monsters under my bed. She poured tea for me at noon. We had been through everything.

I focus a firm gaze on my brother. His energy was low, perfect. He's bored, no longer wanting to be here. I quickly glance up at my stuff animal for reassurance. I step away from Jin Soo, pretending to be afraid.

Jin Soo furrowed his brows and asked, "Why are you backing away?" His foot started to walk forward.

I maintained an upset expression as a facade. Concentrating, I slow my breathing. I raise my hand secretly to my side. Then swish.

With a mere flick of my hand the force only slightly moves Jin Soo's foot, then CRASH—down he goes. My brother pathetically flops to the floor like a fish out of water. His elbow collided with the floor and the look his face only meant that he experienced a whole other new world of pain.

To anyone it would of looked like my idiot brother stubbled over his own two feet. He probably still thinks that. However I am the only one that knows the truth. The truth that I must keep secret. The secret only I know.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I retrieved my prized possession. I needed to make this nice and quiet. I spun on my heel and stroll casually away, tears gone and heart happy.

How did I get these powers? I wish I had a cool backstory, but I've had these powers ever since I was a little girl, even younger than age six.

I really don't know how I got these—powers.

The rest of my family is normal, no powers. My uncle runs a Korean barbecue shop in Seoul, my family helps out whenever we can. My father has a lot of brothers, seven to be exact. Surprisingly they all live relatively close to one another. The family is really close, and as much as I have investigated, none of my family members have powers.