Rehearsal Dinner

Michael

Loud chatter is all I hear as I watch our two families enjoy themselves. Not more than 10 guests appeared tonight.

Tonight, was Dana and my rehearsal dinner. At first, I was nervous but I have come to terms with it. I love Dana and my soon to be child and no one not even Dana's Little sister will ruin what we have. Four years of being in a relationship with Dana, I won't do anything to jeopardize it.

But why does my eyes seem to follow Kanna where ever she went. Even while Dana kept on clinging unto my arm as if I were about to disappear.

When Kanna's eyes met mine, I quickly averted my gaze. I could see the guilt and sadness written on her face.

I know what I had done and I do feel guilty but I am having a baby with my fiancé. I will be a father soon. My hands instantly went to Dana's stomach where she sweetly smiled at me. Yes I love that smile. Tearing away from Dana's smile, again my eyes searching for that other rare beauty. What the fuck Michael, she's your soon to be sister-in-law.

I have to talk to her now. Excusing myself, I went in search of Kanna. At last after roaming around the house I found her heading up stairs, so I followed making sure no one has seen me in the process.

Following her, I entered what seems to be her room, "What are you doing here?" She turned around batting her eyes at me with her hands on her hips.

"We need to talk."

"Okay about what?" She asked innocently.

"Do you know what had happened tonight?" Even though I sure as hell don't remember I'm sure at least one of us would remember and I was hoping it was her.

Raising her chin, she nodded before speaking, "Are you talking about getting drunk, fucking, taking my virginity or leaving me alone to an empty hotel room." Ouch She was certainly blunt. "Nope I don't remember."

"Do not patronize me." I scolded her like a child.

"I'm sorry what? What do you expect me to say? If anyone is to blame it's you. You're practically married and you have the gull to have sex with another woman."

"You're not a woman, you're a child and I was drunk if anything you took advantage of me." We were both now screaming.

"So, it's my fault. You're the one that initiated the kiss and for your information I'll be 18 soon old enough to make my own decisions."

"I would never... but you're the virgin. Who gives away their virginity to a stranger."

"Apparently me..." Her jaw clench, she was now inches from my face looking up. "I'm not the one getting married, you cheater."

What the hell, I'm a grown man arguing with an adolescence. "Look, let's just forget this whole thing ever happened. I'm getting married to your sister and we can't ..."

"What? Be together, is that what your implying. Ha! I would rather stick pins and needles in my eye that to be with someone who can't even tell the difference between love and lust."

"What are you talking about, I do love Dana."

"Keep telling yourself that golden boy, if that's what makes you sleep at night. If you love her then you wouldn't be at that bar, you wouldn't drink yourself half to death and you wouldn't had sex with me." Again her honesty was brutal.

"Shut up." I quickly covered her mouth with my hand while pinning her against the wall. My chest pressed up against her. She was loud and I didn't want anyone to hear what she just said but the truth is she was right.