Chapter 1

Paisleys POV

I sighed as I packed the rest of my belongings in the truck, leaving my small town. I was torn leaving all my friends and some family, but it was my dads job. We were moving to the big city of, Montreal. I'm excited but, terribly nervous. What if I don't fit in? What if people hate me? What if I don't make friends? The what ifs kept swimming around in my head...

"Dear, don't worry. You will be fine." My father reassured me, I just nodded and put my earbuds in.

The drive was eight hours, and I hate car rides. They make me feel disgusting, and sick.

•••

We finally made it and I was happy to be out of that truck! I grabbed my cactus and walked inside of our new home. It was only my dad and I... My mother passed when I was a young girl, I heard she was wonderful.

"Go on and pick your room!" my dad hurried me and I smiled as I walked up the staircase. I picked the first room on the right. It was large with two windows. I set my cactus on the windowsill, and sighed. Time to get my stuff...

I quickly rushed down the staircase as it made loud thumps, and ran to get some boxes that came with us in our, truck. The moving truck will arrive tomorrow. I headed up the stairs with two boxes and set them on my floor.

One was labeled 'books' the other was 'Random'. I opened my box of books first. My dad had already put my bookcase in here, it was small. It was a mahogany brown, with three shelves, it was perfect. It fit in the back of the truck, so we took it. I grabbed my books and set them on the shelves. I was done in about, twenty or so minutes. As I was getting up, I heard a loud ruckus outside. I quickly scrambled to my window, bent down and looked out. There was a very attractive boy who looked around my age, had a lip piercing and a few tattoos. He was cute, and looked... Bad boyish. I'm horrible, I thought to myself.

By the looks of it, he was fixing his truck. I heard him mumble an 'ah shit' as he dropped a tool. I told myself to look away, but I couldn't...