Fear of Spiders - Arachnophobia

Photo to be added later

"All points bulletin to any available deputy in Marion County. Be on the lookout for an old white 1976 Ford truck. Color in unknown but witnesses say that it has a lot of rust. Suspect was last seen headed towards Old Juniper Creek on Hwy 355." The stolen police radio that my cuz gave me just blasted my truck across the radio. What the hell did I do to have them go and do something like that for? "Suspect is a white male, 20 years old, full name is Thomas Joseph Ray Haywood and goes by Tommy Joe. He is deemed to be armed and stupid and always has a dog with him. Proceed with caution and call for back up if spotted. He is wanted for questioning in the poisoning of some townfolk."

Well damn they know where I'm headnin' and I only have a few minutes before they get here unless Taylor is on duty. He is probably out in the woods with Sophie again so his wife don't find out he has been sneaking around with her sister. It's all good though, she has been getting' it on with me for a couple of months now. And what are they talkin' about poisoning, I ain't no woman.

Oh shit, maybe it weren't a good idea to use them bad potatoes from the farm down the road for my shine. Them new collecting machines are very good at digging out them potatoes so it takes me a while to find ant left in the ground. It costs a lot to buy fresh and I have to get my fermenting fluids to make my shine. Everyone knows the risks they take when they buy home shine and how do they know it was mine, I ain't the only one doin' it out here.

Knowing that the cops ain't too far behind me, I quickly head out to Fawn drive where my parent's trailer sits on ten acres of wooded land. It was a perfect place for me to move my still after they retired to Florida to enjoy that sun. Like Georgia ain't got sun here but hey it works out for me. My dog Fred lets out a great baying bark as I turn down the dirt road. He knows where we are and is getting excited to get a chance to hunt some vermin.

I pull up to the cattle gate that I borrowed from a farm down the road and look around to see if anyone has been poking around out here. Few people come out here because of the snakes and spiders that have taken over the area. Locals have mostly moved away from here cuz they blame the government for the migration of such nasty critters. Fort Benning moved the ranges to our area and it has stirred up the wildlife. Even the deer have become aggressive out here that I had to put up a fence to keep them out.

After lookin around, I unlock the gate and move my truck up some so that I can lock it behind me. Fred is getting louder as we get closer to the trailer, his big droopy ears getting slobber all over them as he jumps around the back seat. I can't believe they were talking shit about my truck on the radio, when I see Sheriff Jackson I'm givin him a whatfor for sayin that stuff about my truck. Old Betty has been a good truck and that's like insulted my wife, well if I had one.

Fred jumps from the backseat as I open the door and heads straight for the trailer, he must a got a scent of somethin under there. I pat my truck and walk towards the old chicken pen that is the new home for still. I notice some new spider webs around the bottom of the stand and in the corners of the room. My skin crawls just thinking about them damn things being in here. I grab the broom and sweep the webs out the door. I hate spiders and not just hate them with all my being but I scream like a sissy pants when I see one.

My dad, when I was little would rescue tarantulas from irresponsible owners and bring them home. Once I did something bad at school and that night my dad released them into my bed. I woke up in the middle of the night with several of them laying on my chest staring me in the face. I screamed so loud and tried to fling them off of me and one bit me in the face and hand. I spent a few days in the hospital from the bites and shock. Ever since then, if see a spider no matter what kind, I freak out like a girl.