Chapter 1: Konoha

Here's the first chapter of ACS!

I don't really have an announcement but I might update slowly cause I have upcoming exams and I need to study. But I will try to update as soon as I can!

Well on to the story!

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Loud screams of pain and terror were heard from every direction of our village. I woke up from my slumber and instantly took a kunai from under my pillow, just like my father told me to do when I sense danger. I cautiously looked around my room and made my way to the large window near my bed. My eyes widened as I saw our clan members l fighting against each other, blood and dead people everywhere. I backed away from the window not

believing what I just saw.

'No... No! This can't be happening! This is just a dream!' I thought to myself as I sliced my kunai through the suface of my wrist. I hissed in pain, now realizing that this was all real.

Suddenly, my door bursts open revealing a raven-haired teen "Come on Kumiko! We need to get you out of here!" He yelled, dragging me out of my room while I obediently followed.

He led me to a secret passage underground and as soon as we got there, he let go of my hand and started scribbling on a piece of paper.

"What's happening out there? And where's father and Kyouhei? Are they alright?" I asked, really woried. He was done writing on the paper and threw it in the air. As soon as the paper was in the air, it glowed brightly and started forming into a portal.

He looked at me and smiled "Don't worry they're alright. Now step into the portal. Father told me to send you far from here."

My eyes were welling up with tears. I know that they're doing this for my safety but I can't just leave my family to suffer. "W-what a-bout you?" I began to stutter as tears fell from my eyes.

"Don't worry little sister. I'll be alright. Just promise to never come back. Our home has become a dangerous place and I can't risk to see you suffer from pain." he tells me with sadness in his voice then he smiles again "Go on little sister. I'll come after you soon."

I nodded slowly then made my way into the portal. I looked back one last time to see him smiling sadly "Goodbye little sister..."

It was the last words I heard from him as darkness came over me...

"Goodbye Onii-san. I love you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing that I saw...

Was an orange blob?

I blinked a couple of times to re-adjust my sight. As soon as my eyes cleared, I saw a sleeping blonde boy maybe about my age. As I looked at him closely, I saw whisker marks on his cheeks. It was a bit weird but it looked cute on him. 'I wonder how he got it.'

I slowly sit up, careful not to wake the boy. My wrist was a bit painful 'cause of the cut I did last night.

My eyes watered just by remembering what happened last night. I quickly wiped my eyes "No... I need to be strong for them. I won't let my brother's efforts go to waste."

I felt something move from the side of my bed. I looked at the boy who was now waking up. His eyes opened revealing blue orbs that looked like the ocean.

His eyes landed on me, we stared at each other for a few moments which made me a bit uncomfortable. "Uhmm... Hi?" I said not sure what to say. Then he suddenly shot up with wide eyes "HEY! YOU'RE AWAKE!" I winced.

He sure has a loud mouth...

He ran to the door then looked back at me "Wait here!" My eyes followed him as he disappeared through the door. I waited for a few seconds then heard a female voice yelling outside the door "Naruto stop shouting! This is a hospital!"

"And she's telling someone else to stop shouting?" I sweatdropped.

The door burst open with the blonde I saw earlier and a brunette. The blonde pointed his index finger at me "See? She's awake!" The woman glared at him "Shush!" Then she smiled warmly at me "Hello dear. What's your name?"

I smiled back at her "Matsuzuki Kumiko." Her eyes widened then she backed away "A M-Matsuzuki?" My smile fades when I heard fear in her voice "Why? What's wrong?"

She shook her head frantically then put on a fake smile "N-no! N-nothing's wrong! I-it's just that I thought that the Matsuzuki clan is-. N-nevermind that! Y-you can leave now if you wan't to!" And with that, she hurried out of the room.

I lowered my head then clutched the sheets of my bed. 'Why does everyone cower in fear everytime I say my surname?'

I heard footsteps nearing towards me. I raised my head then saw the boy that was here earlier. He held out his hand then grinned "Kumiko right? My name is Uzumaki Naruto the future hokage! Believe it!"

I looked at his extended hand then at him, confused of his cheerful behavior. 'He's smiling at me? Why? Isn't he scared of me?' I slowly raised my hand then held his. He began to shake my hands, grinning widely.

I smiled softly at him. He stopped shaking my hand then pulled me out the door "Come on! Let's go to the Old Man! He'll give you a place to stay!" My eyes widened as he pulled me of the bed "H-hey! Slow down!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A Matsuzuki?"

I smiled warmly at the Hokage then nodded "Hai."

The hokage chuckled. "Such a sweet girl for you to be a Matsuzuki. What did you say your name was?"

"Kumiko, Lord Hokage." I said in a soft voice.

The Hokage's eyes widened. "The princess?" I nodded slowly, worrying that he might be scared of me now. Then I saw him smile. "Welcome to Konoha, Princess Kumiko."

My head shot up. "What?"

He chuckled. "Why would I be afraid of such a sweet girl like you? And I'm really sorry for your loss."

He wrote something on a piece of paper and handed it to me. "Here, Show this to Naruto. He would know how to get there. I'm going to enroll you in the academy too. And don't worry about the expenses until you graduate in the academy." I nodded then bowed respectfully "Thank you Lord Hokage. I appreciate your kindness." He nodded and I left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at the house with Naruto's help. I turned to him and smiled "Thank you Naruto. You can go home now."

He grinned then waved his hands "No problem! Bye Kumiko-chan!"

"Bye Naruto..." I made my way to the entrance of my new home. I took a shower and wore the clothes that the Hokage gave me. I laid on my bed and closed my eyes "I wonder what's waiting for me in the future..." And with that I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you have it!

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!

~Aubrey~