Everything Has Gone Wrong

Before we begin, go check out the song which kinda basically represents what everyone is probably thinking in this chapter. "Berserk" by Mafumafu. (Also, if you don't know Japanese, you probably watch it with English Subs) 

Everywhere was blown into pieces, and nothing was left except for rubble.

"What the hell are you doing? You blew basically half the city up!" Aua yelled. "Don't you know how many people could have possibly be injured or killed?"

"Huh? Is that a bad thing? Ya know, they're not the only ones who want to survive~" Sotaru said, playing with his hand grenade.

"You little...Seriously, you have mental issues!" Aua lifted her arm. As she did, she balled up her fists and punched Sotaru in the face. He fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

"Someone like you should be taught a lesson!" Aua continues ranting at Sotaru. To Soren's surprise, Sotaru isn't saying anything back.

"Aua...calm down," Soren said.

"CALM DOWN?" Aua yelled. "DO YOU THINK THIS IS NORMAL? THERE WERE INNOCENTS THERE! IT'S COMPLETELY WRONG!!"

However, for Soren, he didn't feel any sympathy for the ones who had died. He didn't even feel guilty for it. Nothing seemed right after his parents died.

"Well then, it comes to this then doesn't it?" Sakura said. "Who will you choose? Aua? or Sotaru?"

Soren hesitated. Sure, killing innocents was wrong, but they were desperate to live too. But Magicka might've been the killers of the other Guilds. Soren struggled to think who was right.

"Well?" Aua demanded. "Who are you siding with?"

Soren didn't know at this point. "I . . . don't know anymore."

"So you don't care about the innocents he just killed? Are you saying we have the right to live even after all those people he killed?"

"Hey! I never said that!" Soren shot back.

"Argh!! I was wrong to think you were normal. You're a complete HYPOCRITE!! I'm not helping you guys anymore. I'm done with you guys. The only reason why I was here, was because I pitied you. Your family was killed. I thought I found a friend that I can relate to. But I was wrong. You're nothing like me."

Soren felt anger bubbling. After all the emotions he had locked deep within him for years, - his parents, bullies, people always misunderstanding him, everything - came crashing through the wall he had built and suddenly everything started to pour out.

"I SAID I DON'T KNOW. I NEVER CHOSE SIDES. AND I'M NOT SAYING WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE. AND DON'T YOU EVEN GET IT? THIS IS FREAKING WAR NOW. WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH PROOF THAT MAGICKA MIGHT AS WELL BE THE CULPRIT. AND JUST BECAUSE YOU EXPERIENCED TRAGEDIES DOESN'T MEAN WE ALL DON'T FEEL THE SAME WAY. SO SUCK IT UP AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING." Soren couldn't even stop what his anger. It all pushed through the barrier he had kept up for years. His eyes were stinging.

Aua looked hurt for a moment but was quickly replaced by anger. "FINE THEN! I'LL LEAVE! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT THEN? I LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY AND STOP THIS, BECAUSE I'M DONE WITH EVERYTHING." With that, she stormed off.

Soren realized how he had spoken to her and was about to go after her when Sakura grabbed him by the shoulder. "Don't. She'll come around in her own time. And you mister, you have to cool down too. I'm guessing you've been through ordeals that you don't want to remember."

Soren took a deep breath and looked towards Sotaru. He was still lying on the ground and seemed to be oddly quiet like he was looking back on memories. Strangely, Soren could imagine what Sotaru might've been back then. Along with his family and all. What happened to Sotaru's family anyway? Where are they? Soren realized just how little he knew about Sotaru, and how little he knew about Aua. This was all his fault. If he had just tried to understand how Aua was feeling, this wouldn't have happened. None of them would've been apart through this mess.