One and only chapter

It was my 9th week as a student at the U. A. High School and I didn't managed to find any friends at all. I'm shy so I don't talk to anyone except my teachers. I attended this school because I thought I could become some sort of hero like the ones on TV. Since I was a child, I'd adore them. All Might, Endeavor, Gang Orca .... All of them seem so strong and brave.

When my quirk showed I first was excited to have one but after an accident I never used my power again. This was seven years ago and in the practical test of the U.A. Entrance Exam I knew from the very first moment that I would not use my quirk in this exam. It wouldn't have been useful anyway because I am able to transform myself into a vicious wolf, but I can't fully control this power, and I never tried to since I fatally wounded five people as a wolf.

Even though I failed the practical exam I was quite good in the written on. That's why I'm here in the Class 1-C from the General Department of the U. A. High School. I won't become a hero, not like that, not in this class with this chosen path. But that's okay with me. It's better for the world when heroes who can control their powers rescue it.

As I walked into my class that day, I noticed that Hitoshi Shinso, one of my classmates, wasn't on his seat. Usually, he's always there when I get to class because I tend to be late. But today his seat in front of me was empty. I never spoke a word to him yet I really like him. I think he's cute, and I don't get why nobody wants to talk to him. I lied my bag down and went to the hallway. I looked around if I could see him anywhere. Then I saw him entering the school building through a window. I was glad. Seeing him at school is my only joy in school. I sat down and the lessons went as usual.

After the bell had rung, I asked Hitoshi why he got here later than everyday. I just talked without thinking. My lips moved on their own. I blushed right away when he looked at me. I stared on the ground and hoped that he wouldn't think that I'm strange or worse. He answered that it wasn't of my business and left. This was the first time I talked to anyone in this school and I totally regretted it. I felt so stupid. I just wanted to hide. So I walked the stairs up to the rooftop which is the most quite place I could think about in this school. I sighed as I opened the door. I scolded myself for being so idiotic to talk to him so carelessly. I had my eyes closed for a few minutes up the stairs and while I shuffled down to the edge with dragging feet. Suddenly I heard someone eating near me. I opened my eyes and saw Hitoshi sitting next to my left feet. I jumped back. I didn't know what to do. I just stared at him like a total idiot with no working brain. He continued eating as if I wasn't there at all. Therefore, I decided to not care for him either. I sat down a few steps away from him and started eating my lunch. He glanced at me and said:

"I'm always up here 'cause I'm alone here. Usually."

"You're alone all the time. Maybe some company would be good for you."

I answered smiling at him. His sight got back to his lunch. We sat there together eating silently for 10 minutes. As he took a deep breath, he turned back to me.

"Why aren't you afraid of me like everyone else? Are you really that stupid?"

He almost yelled at me. I was thinking about why I should be afraid of him. I know the others are, but I never got the reason of their fear.

"Why should I be afraid of you? You don't look that dangerous."

"Because I could brainwash you if you talk to me. I'm able to control you."

"So that's your quirk. That sounds really cool. But why aren't you in the hero classes? Is it because you weren't able to fight any of the robots in the practical exam?"

I was getting exited that he actually talked to me and so my voice got a bit pitchy.

"How do you know about that?"