CHAPTER 1

"RUNAWAY MERMAN"

>>>Pic. The necklace Kal found<<<

Kal's POV

I feel like today is going to be great!

I can feel it in every scale on my tail.

I just know it!

I yawn and stretched my arms like there is no tomorrow. I just love that feeling. It's just so relaxing.

Thinking about what to do today, I rolled out of my bed and swim to my mirror.

I picked up my lavender comb shell and run it through my long dark hair.

I braided my hair from the top on the middle and collected the hair on the back of my head and tied it in a high ponytail. I created four thin long braids and let the rest of my hair loose, letting it float behind my back and put some small white shells to hold my hair in place and to add decoration to my braids. I choose small white shells with pearls glued to it and clipped them in the middle of the braids on the top of my head.

I choose to wear my casual accessories today. Silver shell necklace with blue gems on it. Gold bracelets that I got from a shipwreck. And a golden waist belt.

As I finish getting my hair done, next is my tail. I rub my pearly white tail with sea slug slime to keep it shiny and slippery, so no parasites can cling to my beautiful tail. It tickles when I rub a sea sponge with sea slug slime and I can't hold my giggles sometimes but I love keeping my tail clean.

My fins are smooth with soft edges and not pointy or spiky like other mermen around the kingdom. They are translucent, and my scales are like pearls attached to my tail. Many mermaid and merman compliment how shiny my tail is.

And I love being complimented. Don't you?

I know, I sound so vain. But being pretty is one of my many jobs as a prince.

Yup! I'm the prince or one of the princes of my kingdom.