Prologue: Gale

This is a little sneak peak!

Food

There's food on the table. And I didn't cook any of these dishes. Heck, I don't even know how to cook. I start to be suspicious. I scan my apartment, and I know one thing for sure.

Someone's here.

I took out my gun and walk cautiously. I search the rooms, and found no one. Suddenly, I hear a noise coming from the kitchen. I can't help but feel stupid, if there was food on the table, then that means someone is using the kitchen. I felt annoyed at myself for not realizing something so obvious. As I walk towards the noise, I start to imagine things that could happen to me. I stop before the door. I wait for another noise, and eventually I hear someone humming. And I was taken aback. This person is humming a song only I know about.

That was her song.

I gulped and reach for the door knob. When I opened the door, I see a girl with her hair tied into a messy bun, wearing an apron, cooking happily. She stops, as if sensing my presence. Just when she was about to turn around, I took a step forward and she disappears in a second.

What the-

I stand there, unable to utter a single word. Thoughts were rushing into my head. My brain cannot process what just happened. Then I snapped back to my senses.

The food.

I exited the kitchen and head towards the dining area. But there was no food. There was no sign of any dishes placed on the table just 5 minutes ago. I head to my room, and looked for that apron.It was there, and it looks exactly like when I left it there. It was obvious that no one used this.

I think I'm going insane.

I thought to myself. But I shake the thought away and concentrated on what was happening. But no matter what, I can't think of anything. I walk around the room and stepped on something. I looked down and picked up what seems like a picture. I let out a small gasp.

I was so sure I kept this.

I get even more confused and bewildered. Nothing made sense to me now. I look at her picture once again and I feel something tight in my chest.

I just saw Gale.