Awakened 1

Chapter One : The beginning.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jake, happy birthday to you".

"Make a wish" said Jenny.

"I wish those a-holes at school would stop messing with me, it'd be great if my life didn't suck this much" Jake thought as he blew out the candles on his cake, faking a smile as he brought back his attention to Jenny..

"What did u wish for?" she asked smiling, reminding Jake of the first time he met his foster sister.

He was just six years old when his parents had left him with his then babysitter Jenny, because they were going out for their ten year anniversary, unfortunately that was the last time Jake ever saw them.

Although he was only six at the time, he remembered everything about that point in time, the way he felt the morning after they didn't return home, the panicked look on Jenny's face when she told her parents that his parents didn't return home from their dinner, the call to the police reporting them missing, all of it.

He remembered the story being on the news for weeks and the massive amount of people that came out to help with the search parties, he remembered the pain it brought them when the police ended their investigation into his parents disappearance due to lack of resources, and all he could do was cry, but luckily Jenny was there to comfort him.

He couldn't help being grateful to Jenny and her parents who took him in when they found out that he had no living relatives from his parents' lawyer, essentially saving him from foster care.

Although Jake knew and loved Jenny his babysitter turned big sister, he was scared, hearing that his parents were gone with no signs of ever coming back made him sad and depressed, so much so that he couldn't eat, sleep or do anything else, he was lonely, but through everything Jenny would always smile at him and try to cheer him up.

"Oh Jenny" he would say.

"It hurts so bad"

And Jenny would smile, hug him and tell him that everything would be okay soon, needless to say, that smile never left him feeling sad ever.

"She's so beautiful" he thought to himself still staring at her as the smoke dissipated from the candles on the cake.

"Eh hem" said Jenny pretending to clear her throat, as she watched him staring at her in a daze.

"Earth to Jake"

"Come in Jake."

"We've got an alien invasion on her hands!"

"Jake...... JAKE!" shouted Jenny trying to get his attention.

"Huh?.. who..why..what...huh.... Oh... haha.." he muttered.

"Did you say something Jenny?"

"Yes i was saying something" she said exasperated.

"I was asking you, what you wished for?"

"Oh... Ah.... Nothing ha haha..... Besides how will it come true if i tell you .....stupid?" he answered.

"What did u call me!"

"Just because you're sixteen now, don't you think for a second that i wont bend you over my knee young man" Jenny replied slightly serious.

Jake laughed......

"You sound so old when you talk like that sis, i almost thought you were mom for a second" he said laughing but stopped after seeing the pained look on Jenny's face.