Chapter 9: The Big Get - Trey

After I met up with Sam earlier in the day I went to meet up with the Executive Vice President of Client Services and Chief Operating Officer of Bonaventure, a company that provides an array of human resources and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. The company was looking to provide pro-bono services to a few non-profit organizations in the Houston area and was also looking to make a sizable donation from its employee run foundation. I was hoping to be their one stop shop for doing good.

I was going to meet with Sebastian Gabriel Lucas and I was given an hour, which is normally a long time for a first pitch. I was more than prepared and ready to pitch some of our needier non-profit partners. I decided to get there real early since I was in the neighborhood.

I walked into the huge receptionist area and was amazed with all the beautiful art on the wall. A lot of it had this Afro-Brazilian flair that I wish I could afford. I walked up to the receptionist desk and said to the who just looked like an asshole, "Hi, I have a 2 o'clock with Mr. Lucas."

This mofo didn't even look up and said, "You can sit over there. I will let you know when he is ready."

This boy didn't know I was raised on the south side of Chicago and can get him correct fast. If it wasn't for the fact that I was trying to help the needy in our community I would have turned this place out. Instead of acting crazy, I just walked over, took a seat and checked my emails. Since it was 1:40 p.m. I expected I was going to be waiting for a bit since our meeting was scheduled for 2:15.

I had an email from Sam reminding me about dinner tonight. He must be nervous about getting in Ty's guts if he is already bugging me about something I agreed to about an hour ago. I had an email from Ava telling me that I better call Noland. I'm going to ignore that one. I then got a text from Ava telling me that I better call Noland. GEESH! I then saw I had an email from my boy Akemi telling me he will be back in town next week and we must get up. Now that made me excited.

Akemi Pia was a buddy that I met in Chicago. He was a model and student of the world. We made a bet that if we were single when we turned 45 we would get married and travel the world. Akemi's dad was some billionaire in Asia and Akemi really didn't have to work but loved to be on the move. Before he turned thirty he had made millions selling two companies. He helped me out by allowing me to do some work on his second company and payed me in stock. I was able to cash out and have a very sizable nest egg and slush fund.

 I was able to cash out and have a very sizable nest egg and slush fund

Akemi

While I was getting lost in my emails the rude receptionist asked me to come over.

His still didn't look up and said, "Mr. Lucas is available now. Is your boss close?"

I looked confused, "What boss?"

"Mr. Grayson?" He said looking up at me finally.

This mofo is really trying me today. "I'm Theodore Grayson, Director of Fundraising for the Helping Hand Foundation and I don't need anyone to help me." Then I leaned over his desk. "And boy, this will be the last time you disrespect me with your rude behavior. I'll talk to your boss about that while you answer his phone and fetch his coffee."