~Chapter Two: Home Sweet Not Our Home~

Steve woke up already sure that this was a genuinely bad idea, he was sure Fury had his reasons for having the Avengers stay at the tower and had nothing against Tony except for the fact that, well... from what Steve had read of course there were plenty of great things about Iron Man but not as many about Stark himself. Rogers then paused and facepalmed, 

'It's stupid to dislike someone for no reason...' He thought to himself, it wasn't like he hadn't met the guy before either, hell he'd worked with him, he knew what Tony was like and how he tended to act. 

Rogers sighed and rolled out of bed, glancing past the curtains to the outside world. It was just another regular day besides the city still trying to heal from what had happened. There were still whole buildings that had been destroyed and weren't cleared yet, people still grieving over the loved ones they'd lost, there were probably a million other things to be named but so far the people in this city had shown great strength.

Steve helped out as much as he could when he wasn't busy doing stuff for SHIELD, unlike Tony who as usual put money into the project but was never around to actually run it.  

'I mean he's not that bad of a guy if he's willing to almost kill himself for a city and put a lot of money into fixing it... Positives. What are his positives? Come on Steve, everyone has good things about 'em. He's obviously brave... and smart... Yea that's something.' Steve paused then shook his head and walked towards the bathroom, trying to think of about anything else good about the playboy.

If you asked Steve Rogers to name five good things about any other Avenger he could, easily. But Steve for some reason was sure that Stark was still more of a mentally unstable man who had probably done some pretty screwy things in his already dark lifetime. He just got a weird vibe about Tony that he just couldn't put his finger on, he knew he didn't like it though, even if they were friends- rather... work associates. 

Steve stripped down and jumped in the shower, so curious about how the day would go. After all, he hadn't really seen anyone since the whole thing went down. It wasn't like they would probably see each other in the store or on the streets after all. 

Steve smiled a little at the thought of eating shawarma with everyone after the fight then shook his head, still smiling. 'Positive... He does seem to have a natural sort of 'innocence' to him I guess... I mean, he flies a nuke into a wormhole in the sky and almost dies, then he wants to go get shawarma like it's just another day at the office... If that isn't just a 'Stark' thing then people are a lot more different than I've caught onto since I was gone.' 

Steve, whether he liked Tony or not had been worried sick when Stark flew into the wormhole, he only told Natasha to close it because he had a sinking feeling that's what the martyr would have wanted.

After about a half an hour he got out of the shower and threw on his clothes, checking the time. 'Eight forty already?... So much for a ten-minute shower...' He inwardly cursed himself out and grabbed his stuff, he headed out for Stark- er... Avenger? Tower.  Steve did all in his mortal power to get out of his head and try to focus on the rest of the day.

~~~~

"Hey man." Clint said with a wide smile as he noticed Steve walking over, Bruce just gave him a firm nod and went back to looking at his phone, "He's been staring at that since I got here like..." Clint glanced over at a clock on the wall, "Fifteen minutes ago." Steve chuckled and Clint smirked to himself quietly, shaking his head disapprovingly at the scientist.

"Nat not here yet?" Steve asked as he checked his own watch, it's ten after nine so he wouldn't be surprised if Stark was late but Natasha? It was just unorthodox of her. Bruce started laughing as he shook his head at Steve who stitched his brows together curiously, wondering where the hardcore redhead was.