Chapter 6

Hermione lay in bed thinking about her very eventful evening. Yes! yes, yes, yes! The little voice inside her head was screaming. He must like me too! Oh, how could i have been so foolish. She eventually drifted off to sleep with screams of Yes! running through her head. 

Severus however did not get to sleep as easily as Hermione, for his thoughts were no where near content; Why would you kiss her, you fool. You've ruined everything you had. Maybe if you act like nothing happened, it will go back to normal, how it should be.

Therefor after morning break Severus waited by their usual bench for Hermione, he had his head turned away studying a tapestry when someone dragged him into the nearest classroom. He whipped around to find Hermione beaming up at him and pushing him onto a desk.

I leaned across and placed my lips on his. It took only a moment for him to respond, pressing his lips harder on mine, deepening the kiss. I parted my lips, letting his tongue slide inside my mouth as mine fought it passionately. His hand curled around my neck and pulled me in to his chest. His other arm curled up around my back and he started to pull me into his lap. I sat on top of him and curled my hands in his ebony locks. We finally broke the kiss as the lack of air was really taking its toll. He just stared at me with wonder in his eyes as i rested my forhead against his and stayed there, content.

" I have been wanting to do that for a very long time." Breathed Hermione.

"Really"? Severus asked, disbelief clouding his eyes.

"Yes! Oh Gods Severus, I have wanted to kiss you, and you to kiss me. I've wanted to tangle my hands in your hair, to lay against you and simply listen to the beat of your heart." She rushed. " If that's okay"? She added, her Gryffindor courage slowly dissipating. Sounding scarily like Ron, Severus almost screamed.

"Its bloody brilliant Hermione!" Pulling her in for another searing kiss.

"So, how is this going to work then?" Hermione asked after she had caught her breath.

"Well, you could be my girlfriend. If you like?" He asked shyly.

"I would love that 'Rus!" She squealed. "But..um.. are we going to be open about it, or shall we keep it a secret? It might come as quite a shock to everyone." She asked nervously.

"I think for now it should remain a secret. Its not long until the Christmas holidays, we can say we got together then, okay?" Severus suggested.

"Brilliant! Oh, 'Rus i'm so happy." She squealed locking her arms around his neck. Once again resting her head against his, breathing in his scent. They stayed that way for some time, only breaking apart when the bell rang and they rushed to their next lessons.