Chapter One - Death

CHAPTER ONE -DEATH

I had lived a good life surrounded by my books, they gave me the comfort people couldn't. I lived as a shut-in for the last ten years. Writing and reading, then sleeping and eating, my priorities were like this. It became easier to ignore the world with the advent of technology. Anything I wanted was a click away. I decided one day to step out of my house after a year and a half of not entering the outside world. I was terrified, the loud sounds from the outside, the stares from the neighbours whom I had no idea had changed was scary. It was the world I lived in, yet it was so so strange to me.

I couldn't remember the sky being so wide, so blue and grey. There was less green than I could remember, it was all so different from the cramped space I knew so well. When did the world get this big? There were people everywhere. I felt their stares crawling up my skin and drew my hoodie closer as though that would hide me away. I felt so odd. I was different. These people had normal lives and jobs that I could never understand. I shouldn't be out here. But... It was him. I had to go to him.

A sense of urgency gripped me and I realized I didn't know where to go. I searched it up as everyone with a little bit of sense would do. Saint Phillips Hospital. It was simple. I had to hire a cab and get there. After that, I didn't know what I would do. I would figure it out. But I never had good luck so I should have expected this end.

Lying in the middle of a deserted road, a formerly busy road I must add and watching the tail lights of a speeding car that had just crushed my bones. That was the result of my expedition that morning. Like I said I had expected this sort of ending, perhaps that would explain my calmness even at the absurdity I witnessed happening as my consciousness was ripped away from my body into a void.

I heard a robotic voice in my ear. It sounded like it was right beside me.

00:00

"Welcoming Host to the system's space. This is System 007 speaking." It was a cold detached voice, classic robot.

"007? Like James Bond?" Emma responded looking curiously around the blank white space she was in. She felt off. Like she had slept for a long time. Was she dead? No this was a system. System? Some parts of her identified the word with novels she had read.

" This is System 007, not James Bond. James Bond is a fictional character. Please refrain from making speculations about System 007's origins. " The system interrupted her thoughts.

" I've read a book on systems before. What is your mission, James? " Emma asked complacently ignoring the system's statement and her fragmented memories.

" System 007 has the aim of making Host's world colourful. This will be achieved by transporting the host's consciousness into different characters of the books. Since books have been identified as Host's link to the world."

" Really? Will I get to see Harry Potter? " Excitement tinged her voice at the prospects. She stopped thinking about why she was here.

" Host's level is too low to enter the world of Harry Potter. Please work hard Host. "

" I guess dying isn't so bad after all. " A smile grew on her face. She could experience books in person. Nothing else mattered, not even death.

" Host isn't dead just unconscious. The system aims to help Host find her will to survive by making her life colourful. "

" I'm not dead? Then where am I? "

" Host please refrain from attempting to get information from the system. "

" Tell me, James, will there be cheats in these worldsI'm going to? "

" Host should please refrain from treating System as a trans-migratory device. The host isn't dead yet. "

" Yet? "

" System isn't obligated to keep Host alive should Host fail her mission. "

" Truthfully, you have no hope I'll be successful right? " What kind of broken system was this?

" Host should please refrain from making speculations. "

" Fine, send me to the first world. "

" Host sounds more reasonable now. "

" ..." It was really broken.

" The first world is a book by a small-time author named His Only Mistake. "

" I see. How am I sure I'm not making a mistake entering the book itself?"

"The first world is a tutorial world and no points will be deducted if Host fails. "

" That's nice for AI. So which character will I take? "

" Host will take on the role of the heroine's friend Kira. "

" Details James, details."

"Good luck Host. "

"What? I don't even know the story!" Her voice faded out of the white space before she could protest.

Synopsis of 'His Only Mistake '

The heroine is 18 when she first meets the ML (Vicente) who is 20 at the time. She works at a hotel and sometimes takes on jobs to educate inexperienced young men on how to have sex to make ends meet. She is however surprisingly a 'virgin' but at a moment of weakness gives herself to the ML. Then disappears when she has earned enough to go to school. Another reason for her leaving is to avoid meeting the ML again since she began to develop feelings for him. ML grows up into a ruthless man obsessed with finding her and making her his.

ML finds her with a child operating a bakery. He mistakes the child for someone else's and mistreats her, causing her business to fail and forcing her to marry him. He later discovers that the child is his and they get back. They face a few obstacles such as the villain ex-fiance of the ML and a business rival.