Chapter 1: First Day

I wake up with a smile on my face. Today is going to be a great day I just know it! I get up and brush my teeth. Then I eat breakfast really quick. I get ready, just some shorts and a t-shirt. I exit my apartment and as I turn around I see an old man with crooked teeth. I gasp and put a hand to my beating chest. "Oh Atticus! You scared me. I was just leaving."

I try to slip out from the side but Atticus blocks me. "Well now what's the hurry? I wanted your opinion on my flags, should I put them outside my apartment or on my truck?" I sigh. Atticus is a southerner, and proud of it. As the only two southerners in the complex he drifted towards me, but I never really liked him. Too creepy. "As a matter of fact," I say, "today is my first day of collage."

Atticus laughs. "Collage? What you need that for? I never finished high school and I turned out fine. I went to a camp to learn hunting. Boy the girls there! All theys wore would be tube tops." I nod. I don't tell him about the tube tops in my closet. After promising I would bake cornbread with him, (which I'll never do) I head out and in my car, which is a truck with American flags. I drive to collage, NYU. I head to my first class, history of music. See I want to be a musician. Country for exact.

I look around and see there's two seats, one next to a man wearing a NY shirt, and one next to two men. I cringe at the man wearing the shirt. I hate those damn Yankees. Only reason I came here was for the school. I sit between the men, one with long red hair, another with curly hair. I smile to both of them. "Hey y'all I'm Delilah. Nice to meet ya." After a moment of waiting I see they're not gonna say anything. I open my laptop that has Confederate flag stickers and start writing notes as the teacher starts speaking. In the middle of taking notes I feel a tap in my shoulder. I turn around and see the red head.

"Hey any chance you have a pen?" He asks me. I smile cause that's what we southerners do. I hand him a pen but he keeps talking to me. "So are you from the South?" I stare at him. "You know cause the accent." He continues sheepishly. I sigh. "Yeah." He nods. We don't talk for the rest of class. When it's time to leave the man with the curly hair talks to me.

"You know we have a party tonight. We'd love if you could come." He asks me. I nod. "Sure," I say, "in the South we would have the best parties. But what are your names?"

"My name is S-" he stops as the man with red hair shoots a look at him. "andy. Names Sandy." I smile and look at the red haired one. "And what about you?" I ask. He clears his throat before responding.

"I'm Anton." He holds out his hand for me to shake and I grab it gingerly. "Anton well that's interesting." I say, but really I think it's really bad. I let go of his hand and pack up my stuff. "Well I'll see you later tonight!" I leave happy I made new friends.

I go through the rest of my classes then go home, I live off campus but Sandy and Anton live in a dorm. While I unlock my door a hand touches my shoulder. I turn around knowing who it is. "Hi Atticus. I'm sorry but I can't bake cornbread with you. I got a party to go to!" I leave him stammering and close the door behind me. I sigh. That was a close one. I go to my closet to get ready. Looking trough I decide to wear a pink tube top and a denim mini skirt. I love to show my redneck pride! I look out my peep hole and see Atticus still there, what a pedophile! I go down through the fire escape.

I park outside the dorm building and go in. They live on the second floor and as I go up I can hear thumping music and the smell of weed. Finally I reach their floor and it's overflowing with people in the hallway. "Excuse me." I say as I try to go between the people. A man responds, "Excuse yourself!" The woman he was making out with yells out. "What a savage!" A hand grabs me. I look to see Anton. I smile, happy to see a familiar face. "Come here Delilah, let's get you a drink."

As I go inside I hear that the music is Cotton-Eye Joe. I smile and nod my head to it. We finally reach the kitchen and Anton hands me a beer. I shrug and take a sip. I love underage drinking! Anton takes me out to the living room where people are dancing. I'll show them how a proud red neck dances! I start twerking and grinding on Anton and everyone cheers me on. Eventually Anton goes to get another drink for us and a man comes up to me. "So it must be pretty cool to get to know them? You know since they are famous." I'm about to ask him what he means when Anton comes back and pulls me away. I open my mouth to ask Anton about it but he kisses me before I can say anything.

I'm in shock for a moment before realizing that the polite thing to do is to kiss back. People start cheering us on. We finally break away and I blush. Anton looks shocked about what he did, he did mean to do it right? I can't believe he did it in front of all these people! He must be very bold and popular. I kiss him again. Eventually people start shouting at us to get a room so we stop. Anton goes to get drinks since he forgot to get them. Sandy comes up to me. "Come with me Delilah." I start to protest that I have to wait for Anton but give up. Sandy takes me to an empty bedroom and we sit down on the bed. Will he rape me?

"Are you enjoying the party? I don't like this kinda stuff and don't really talk to people. That's all Ax- I mean Anton. He's the life of the party. I'm just a quiet kid he hangs out with." He says to me. I nod understanding. Anton is the strong brute while Sandy is sensitive. I don't know which one I prefer. Sandy comes closer to me, very slow. Then he kisses me. It's very different from Anton's. Again I don't know which is better. Both were very good. He separates. "Thanks for under standing Delilah." He gets up. "No problem partner!" I get up too. I exit and say goodbye to everyone and head home.

I drive but on the way I start thinking. Two guys liked me and I kissed them in the same day! I smile to myself. I'm a good southern slut.