Prologue

I sat in my car and waited. I really hoped he wouldn't be long. The eerie darkness sent shudders down spine. I despised this place.

Just breath I told my self. Deep breaths in and out.

Just then Isaac opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat. He was 6.5 with ink black hair and piercing ice blue eyes. His face set in stone.

What have I gotten my self into? My heart leaped out of my chest, trying to break free. I silently willed it to calm down. I sheepishly glanced at the man beside me, I wonder if he can smell fear?

"Lawrence you are looking at the next president of America. With your knowledge and my money we have what it takes to overthrow Clarke"

My eyebrows briefly shot up in surprise, but I had to contain astonishment. Is this guy for real? His icy stare soon told me that he was not fooling around. I took a second to digest the information. I knew we were doing something big, but manipulating the presidency was a big ask.

"What do you say, are you in?" His harsh tone implied that I actually had no choice. He wore his authority and dominance like a badge. How dare he treat me like dirt on the ground.  Just then he removed money from inside his suit pocket. "This might help you decide" he said in a melancholy tone, obviously bored.

"Alright I'm in" I uttered in a defeated tone. At least he is going to pay for the expenses. I've have always wanted to cause human suffering, there's no better way of doing it than removing their voice. People can now appreciate my unconventional beliefs.

Over the next hour we conversed our plan of action. When I say we I mean just Isaac. It was evident that he had thought this through, not that I object. We planned to meet at my laboratory next week.

After we said our goodbyes Isaac left. Seconds later I saw his Bentley drive past. I exhaled a breath I didn't realise I was holding: that was tense. Still my body tingled with excitement, that I could hardly control.

Hi guys I hope you enjoy my story. It's the first one I've written so excuse the mistakes. I really appreciate any constructive criticism.