Surely You're Still Here

Marinette P.O.V

The day after the concert, we had school. I got there with a few minutes to spare. I wore gray sweatpants, a pale pink T-Shirt, and matching gray hoodie. Even with the heat of summer, the high temperature didn't bother me. When Alya ran into me, she panicked.  

"Marinette! Don't go depressed on me! Your not in this alone. Nino didn't show up, and no one else has hea-"

Just then, she was cut off by the announcer playing the news over the PA system. It explained last night, and Alya's last point was now irrelevant. People panicked, and ran over to Alya. She told me to go get to class. She can't afford me to be late again!

As I left the group, Chloe cut me off. She yelled at me because Adrien saved my life. Mine of all people. She said that if he dies, it's all my fault. Chloe left me with this last remark:

"Adrien  saved you because it's the closest he can get to being back with me. Saving you was just to get closer to me again."

Lies. All of it. Lies. Or so I hope...

A few weeks later...

I walked down the halls, out to the front of the building. Summer break was approaching soon, and in September, I'd be in Grade 12. Adrien still hadn't woken up, but doctors told Nino that'd he would survive. After the incident, Hawkmoth had laid one akuma. Chat never showed up. But, life was the same. Except, that Nino was missing lots of school because of therapy. Alya dedicated her posts to Adrien on the Ladyblog for a few days, but gave up in sadness. She hasn't posted since. And, I've been wearing sweatpants and hoodies most of the days. We'd chagned a lot since the incident...

Alya said that I should drive to the hospital and see Adrien. She knew I still liked him. It wasn't easy to hide. I climbed into my red car, and sped across town to see Adrien. I went into the hospital, and stated his name at the front desk. A nurse took me to see him. She opened the door, and I stood in the doorway, mouth hanging open and in pure shock.

He had a breathing tube. Monitors and flashing lights were by the sides of his bed. He had the sheets over him, and you could see his side. It was severely wounded, even after a few procedures, and almost a month to heal. I walked over to the side of his bed that didn't have the cut. I sat on the edge, and held his hand, in front of my face. Looking into his closed eyes, I wished they'd open. I started talking to him:

"Hey, Adrien. It's me, Marinette. School isn't the same. Not just school. Paris, the world, even life isn't the same without you. Nino sure does miss you. Alya even dedicated a few posts on the Ladyblog to you. I haven't been the same. Sweatpants, instead of jean shorts. Hoodies, instead of tank tops. Bringing that lucky charm you gave me everywhere, just hoping you'd wake up. Please.... open your eyes..."

After a few moments, I felt something. Not emotionally, physically. Movement of some sort. I couldn't figure it out, until I saw it again. I froze, and Adrien squeezed my hand. My heart was racing. Beating faster than any speeds of race cars I've seen. Joy was filling me, along with relief, excitement and an exquisite amount of love. I just was about to squeal, but I heard something. Not looking at him, he finally said something:

"See. Everything was alright, Buggaboo."

{Sorry for short chapter}

~Dani