Chapter 2

Jenna's POV

I rolled over in my bed, blinking a few times. My eyes focused on my white ceiling, trying not to look directly in the light. I sighed, standing up and running to the bathroom to take a shower before having to go to a meeting with the Arctic Monkeys and their manager, along with mine. I washed quickly, stepping into a white spaghetti strap crop top and white wash shorts. Doing my normal makeup with red lips, half my hair up and the other half down, I pulled on black Doc Martens and grabbed my keys.

The place we had picked wasn't far, and the drive over was very quick for me. Singing lightly to the music I played, I pulled into an empty space and locked my car. I sat down in the small coffee shop after ordering a drink, spinning it around to kill time as I was the first one.

"Well, I thought we'd be waiting on you." Alex said, sitting down across from me. I sighed, looking up at him.

"Alex." I said as a greeting.

"Do you just speak in one word responses now?" He asked, sipping his coffee. He smelled freshly of a cigarette, a slight hint of cologne underneath it.

"Actually no, I was trying to find your level of comprehension." I smirked. He hung his head slightly, nodding.

"Nice one. Maybe I underestimated you." He almost chuckled. I half-smirked, drinking.

"Don't let that make you think I'm soft, I just decided that maybe I should try to have a heart."

"Alex Turner, actually biggest softie you've ever met." I snickered. He rolled his eyes, looking to the counter. The bell above the door rang, signaling more people entering the coffee shop. We discussed the tour in itself, going over every detail for the length. Once we settled our decisions, we stood to leave. Alex turned to me with a CD in a white sleeve.

"This is the set list we're thinking of going with, most likely. You can work yours however you want around it." He said, tapping the top of a pack of cigarettes in his pocket. I slipped it into my cross body purse, pulling out my sunglasses as we walked out. I said goodbye, sitting in my car for a few minutes. As I drove out to the store, I listened to their set and found a few familiar songs. They weren't as cocky as I would have thought, and Alex didn't come off that way either. If I didn't enjoy them, or rather Alex, at least I could enjoy their music.

•••••

Alex's POV

"There's no need for that," I heard Nick sigh as Jamie laughed, too tired to actually pay attention as to what they were arguing about. The day had just begun with our meeting, now onto more press work and promotion, and now a shoot that could last as long as a boring award show with no alcohol. I pinched the bridge of my nose tightly, leaning back against my seat.

"Turner," Matt said to get my attention. I squinted one eye open enough to see him.

"Tired from all your flirting?" He asked, smirking. I shut my eye and rolled my head away from him. Flipping him off, I began to speak.

"I was not flirting. I held my part in a conversation regarding our tour." I mumbled tiredly.

"Al, come on. You are excited for this tour because of her. You can't tell me you're not." He continued.

"Matt shut up so I can sleep." I snapped, lifting my head to glare at him. The drive to our next stop was two hours, and I planned to sleep.

"Okay Al, but just watch me be right." He drifted off, leaving the topic alone for the moment. I rolled my eyes, falling asleep to the vibrating comfort of the vehicle.