Chapter 1 - Survivors

*eyes above*

After absorbing the lucifrector's power and sending a wave of it through all of Whitechapel, Stern was certain to have hit all vampires that had still been in town. He had reached his plan of recapturing both the lucifrector and Whitechapel from the immortal creatures. All of them either fled to return after Stern's death or were hit by the wave absorbing their power.

Satisfied with his success, he didn't bother to check on the teenagers that had tried to stop him just a moment ago before eventually fleeing. He trusted in himself and his new strong power enough not to worry about anyone getting in his way.

Stern had just become the most powerful magician there had ever been, but his plans didn't end here. He was longing for way more. Capturing Whitechapel was more to him than erasing the vampires. He wanted all of it and his next goal was ascending from vice-principal to principal of Whitechapel High. The manipulation powers he had gained assured him that it would be no problem, so he took confident steps towards the high school.

In the mean time, Ethan, Benny, Sarah and Jesse were still hiding not far from the caller from where Stern had sent out his power. All of them but Ethan were moaning due to the strong weakening - Benny because he had generated a shield to protect them from the intense power as well as he could, and Sarah and Jesse because they had still been affected through the shield - while Ethan was alright and just worrying about Sarah's condition.

"Holy crap, that was some intense wave", Benny stated, unable to even sit up. They had all been blown to the ground and only Ethan managed getting back on his feet on his own. "Of course it was. It absorbs dark energy within seconds, what did you think how it would be being hit by its whole strength?", Jesse replied sitting up.

"Sarah? Are you okay?", Ethan asked worried. "Y-yes. I'm fine", she replied as strong as she could, but Ethan could tell how weakened she was. She eventually sat up unstably. "Before we do anything else, we have to stay undiscovered by Stern, so you can rest and regain your strength", Ethan told her. "I'm fine, Ethan, okay? Don't worry."

Sarah didn't want to seem weak anyway and especially not in front of Jesse, who was now grinning at Ethan. "You worry about her? What a gentleman you are. Still waiting for a date that won't be a disaster, huh?" "Shut it, Jesse", Sarah warned him with a hiss through her fangs. "Relax, kitty", he replied with his grin still on his face. "At least I take her on dates instead of biting her", Ethan defended himself. Sarah smirked at him letting out a soft chuckle and Jesse scoffed impressed.

"One step after the other, cowboy. You take her on dates to gain her trust before you take her by the fangs." With this response, Sarah lost it and hit Jesse before she could think about it. He grabbed her arm just in front of his torso and held it in his fist. Way longer experience and blood drinking had made him stronger than Sarah and caused him to be less weakened from the power's hit.

"You can't take me, Sarah. You're too young and unexperienced. Don't waste energy on trying. In fact, you are weak right now", Jesse stated and eventually let go of her. She just hissed at him and looked away feeling humiliated while Ethan conquered: "Maybe you're stronger than her, but we're a team. Together we're stronger, smarter and numerically superior than you, so watch your steps, sucker."

He was stunned by his own self-confidence, but he soon regretted it when Jesse showed off his fangs with a growl and got up to him. "B-bloodsucker I mean", Ethan stuttered, knowing he couldn't defend himself from Jesse right now. Jesse would have come at Ethan if Sarah didn't hold him back at his wrist. "Leave it. Both of you. We need to work together or we'll eventually be erased like the other vampires that didn't flee."

"Yeah", Ethan mumbled realizing she was right. "Here, let me help you up", he offered and Sarah took his hand to let him pull her up. "What about me, dude?", Benny asked and they looked at Benny, who was still lying on his back like a helpless beetle. "I just saved all of your lives with a magic shield and all I want in return is some appreciation." "Sorry man", Ethan replied as they all smirked. "Yeah, sorry Benny. Thanks for saving our lives", Sarah confirmed. "Thank you", Benny replied, "and you're welcome."

Ethan finally helped his best friend up, which looked pretty unstable and awkward. "So, where do we go?", Sarah asked, distracting from the awkwardness. "I don't know", Ethan sighed, "we need to go somewhere safe and undetected where we usually wouldn't go if we don't want Stern to catch us." "Oh, I know: Burger King", Benny responded. They all looked at him weirdly. "What?", he asked. "How would that be a safe place?", Sarah inquired. "We usually go to McDonald's, but both of their food tastes amazing and I'm starving."

"Benny...", Ethan started, but Jesse interrupted him. "I know a place where we can go."