Prologue

The birds are chirping around me. The wind cause my silver hair to flow behind me like a cape. The sun is beating down on me as I stand in the field. Why am I here? This place seems so familiar. I looked at what I was wearing and saw a baby pink gown that reached mid calf. I never bought this?

I hear a soft song in the wind. It sounds like its calling for me!

"Honey... Babygirl? Come on Sweety~" the voice was soft, melodic, sweet. It begged me to follow it. I started walking toward the sound only to be stopped my excruciating pain.

I screamed out and fell onto my knees. My eyes squeeze shut. When I open my eyes again I'm looking into a mirror. It shows my arm held up by bloody silver chains, my dress now bloody and ripped and my hair unkempt, covered in dirt and grime. My once bright silver eyes now a dull blue. I try screaming out but its no use, no sound comes out of my mouth. I am completely silent. I don't remember my name... What is my name? Why can't I remember my name?! I weep silently trying to think of what it was. I hear what sounds like a cell door opening. A man in a lab coat looks at me with sympathy in his eyes. A woman in a blood red dress that shows way too much cleavage and leaves very little the imagination, and a man in a pitch black suit follow. The man looks at me through a window that I see through the mirror. I hear every word they say.

"Why did you need to show me this Doctor?" the man asks. I focus on him for a few seconds. He has pure black hair that reminds me of a moon less night. He stands tall with a purpose of which I have no clue what is. I then focus on the woman who is next to speak.

"I was in the middle of a very important photo shoot and you interrupt it to show us this girl?" her hair is lifeless, the same color as her dress. Its been put through too many hair products to even be called hair. She is thinner than a twig. She covers her flaws with pounds of makeup. Her voice is shrill and hurts my ears to listen to.

"This is no ordinary girl. We found her in the woods around a pack of wolves and other creatures. They seemed to be protecting her, I think she is the chosen." the doctor looks afraid as he looks into my eyes from the mirror, as if begging for my help. I don't know what to do.

"Her? Please, she's disgusting! Look at her! She doesn't even bare the mark!" the woman scoffs and walks towards me as the window disappeared. She grabs my chin and force's me to look into her brown eyes. I saw into her. It was dark, it looked like a cave. "She probably was wanted for a snack. No one would ever think of choosing her!" I noticed every little twitch in her face as she spoke. She was not pretty. She was as ugly as her soul. I opened my mouth and spoke the only words I could form.

"Leave... Me... Alone!" I growled. Why did I growl? What's going on?

She backed away in fear. The doctor hurried towards me and started dangling keys in front of my face. "Shh shh, its ok. Do you want me to open the cuffs? Huh?" the woman gulped at the words he spoke. I nodded. These cuffs felt like they were burning into my skin. He unlocked them and I fell, catching myself with my hands.

"Enough Azreal! Leave us." the man in the suit told the woman who I now know as Azreal. She hurried out, slamming the metal door. The man walked towards me with emotionless eyes. "What's her name?"

"Her name is Beauty."