betrayed and broken

Ezra's pov

I never had a stable home. Dad was a drunk and abusive and Mom was too weak to leave him. At least not with me, because she ran. And in doing so, she abandoned me to the monster that was my father. That man had left me nothing but nightmares and scars. So when I first joined the ghost crew, I didn't sleep for the first few months. I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them. I still don't trust them.

I sighed softly as I looked around. This mission feels like a trap. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked to see a man with a cart. He was a old man and looked very gentle. I smiled at him. I might be a street rat, but I still have some manners. "Hello young man. I was wondering if I could get a take a moment of your time?" He asked and I nodded at him. "

You see, I'm selling items and would like to know if you will be willing to buy some of my merchandise." He explained and my eyes lit up. He seem nice enough. I nodded at him. He gave me a kind smile. I looked at his cart to look at it. He had many things and the things that stood out to me were a necklace, a pair of swords, a bow and a quill of arrows, and a duffle bag.

I grabbed the things I wanted, and felt a shock as I touched each one, and paid for them. The man smiled sadly at me. "Thank you for your time." He said and I nodded at him with a smile. He pushed the cart and disappeared into the crowd. I put the swords, the necklace into the bag, and as I found out, the bow as well. It can be pulled apart at the middle. I didn't know what to do with the arrows, do I just swung them unto my back. I suddenly saw Sabine and Chopper running my way. She had huge ass 2 eggs in her arms.

Once she had gotten close to me, she threw the eggs at me. I caught them. I can barely fit my arms around them. I looked up and saw the storm troopers running towards us. I ran with Chopper hot on my heels. A shot passed by me and I looked back at the troopers shooting at us. Oh god damn it! "What the hell happened?!" I asked looking at Sabine, who smirked at me. "Stole some valuable cargo. They need those eggs very bad. So I took them." She laughed as we turned a corner.

I had known that something bad was gonna go wrong. I felt pain hit my shoulder, side and ankle. I hissed silently in pain. I was hit. But I kept running. I needed to get these eggs out of here right now. I kept my grip on the eggs. I need to get to the ship now. Right now. I saw the ship in sight. Kanan was there on the pit. He had a more than pissed off look on his face.

I knew that I was going to be blamed no matter what I say or do. And I really hated it. I was always blamed for what Sabine did. She's in love with Kanan, and I was too. But I'm much better at hiding them because I had more practice than she did. We ran into the pit and we took off as soon as the door closed. Sabine had slipped away as soon as she came in.

Chopper beeped at me sadly before going to the ship. I knew that something bad was going to happen. And I didn't have to wait for long. Before I can explain myself, I was cut off. Not that I wanted to try, because it always the same. "I do not want to hear it. I don't want to hear about how you didn't do it or it was Sabine or anyone else. I'm thinking of a punishment, and until then, don't talk to me or the others." He snarled loudly at me before he left the cockpit.

I looked down as pain ripped through my chest. My already fragile heart broke, then it  stitched itself back up with harder ice, thicker walls and stronger chains and locks. I went to the room that I once shared with Zeb. When I came in, he was in there. He glared darkly at me. I felt my heart sink to my stomach. But I shook it off. I knew that he blamed me to. I put the eggs, bag and quill on my bed and climbed up. I can feel the weight of Kanan's words as I curled around the stuff. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the surface.

Timeskip

I was standing alone in a market on some backwater planet. I had all my stuff, along with the 2 eggs. Kanan and the others left few days ago. All he said was 'you are no longer apart of the crew.' And that was it. Nothing else. The others didn't say anything to me. They just left, leaving me behind. I had cried my tears, now I'm done grieving over them.