last letter ✉

hey love,

I didn't go to China. I went to a psychologist to fix my trauma. After the sessions with my doctor, they grab me and throw me behind it.

5 years without you is hard. You told me, you'll release me. You told me you'll free me and all I have to do is to wait. I was behind the bars for the past 5 years but you didn't give up. You didn't fail to remind me how much you love me.

I waited. But there are times that I just want to give up but then your image will pop in my mind like a memory and the hope is there again. You wasted half of your life for me. You studied almost 10 years of being a psychiatrist then you also studied law for me. To prove them that I am innocent. To prove them that I didn't do anything wrong.

I was right for choosing the person to be with me. To fight with me in and out of the trial court. I remember how you brag about standing in the trial court and defending the right person. I didn't know that I will become your first client. Its funny that I'm your first love and yet, your first client.

You were the only one who believed me when the whole world was dragging me down. You did everything to prove them that I didn't kill anyone. Thank you for proving them that I only did that because of self defense. I didn't intend to kill my own father. He's hurting me and my mom physically and emotionally. Thank you for taking care of my mom while I was away.

This time, it's my turn. It's my turn to take care of you and my mom. Don't worry, love. I'll find a job and I'll save money for our wedding.

This time, you will be the one to wait for me.

This time, it's my turn to make you happy.

This time, I'll be the one to defend you.

I love you and I always will.

your innocent,
zhang yixing