What if I... moved in? (Prinxiety)

Published: May 30, 2018

□□□□□

This is another Malec AU if you didn't know!

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Virgil walked towards his apartment's bookshelf, slipping out a wooden box, placing it on a near by table, that was filled with the wonders of his past... past lovers' memories.

As he opened the box, he took out the first thing he saw; a photograph. The photo was a bit dirty but Virgil could still see himself and George. One of his past lovers. He turned the picture around, revealing the short message his ex left him, he smiled at the memory.

Although, that wasn't the only thing there. The box also contained a variety of some of his past relationships. Some of the items held good memories and some bad. He didn't know why he still kept all of their belongings but he figured that he needed some nostalgic memories from the centuries he has lived. It was sad but so true. Seeing his love ones aging and die right in front of his eyes. It was the most heart breaking thing he'll always, always witness... he just wishes that the love of his life will some how live a long life like his, but that's just fantasy and always will be.

"Everything okay?". A voice chimed up from behind.

Virgil quickly shut the box, bringing it to it's original placement. "Yeah, everything is great. Just tidying up a bit." He replied calmly, shifting object to object, trying to hide that fact that he was just looking through his exs' stuff.

Roman was confused by his boyfriend's reply, making him a bit suspicious about him and asked. "Tidying up? Why don't you just snap your fingers?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he felt Virgil tense up... too tense to that Roman felt it from his place by the door frame.

The warlock quickly thought for a response, luckily he was still facing the bookshelf, preventing Roman from seeing his tensed features. "Well, I find it relaxing. Suppose I'm odd that way."

Instead of questioning him more, Roman chuckled and took a few steps towards his boyfriend, hands behind his back. "You're odd in a lot of ways..." he said lovingly.

Virgil faced him, walking away from the shelf, that had the small box and hopefully was forgotten and not questioned. But his attention was quickly caught from the flannel his boyfriend was wearing. "Is that... one of my shirts?"

Looking down at his new found shirt, Roman asked. "Yeah...?" He looked back up at Virgil's surprised expression. "Not my style?"

Virgil chuckled softly at his boyfriend's cute antics. "Or sleeve length" he flicked his wrist, snapping his fingers, making the sleeves longer for Roman's long arms. "Better."

The shadowhunter nodded and flicked his wrist to look at the sleeves in a better angle. "It's perfect..." He looked up at the warlock who seemed to sense he was looking and his gaze met his. "But still, I think it would be nice if I had..." he hesitated. "One of my own shirts..."

The dark warlock was shocked but was happy to help his boyfriend's needs. "Oh, well, okay, I think I can manage that..." he started to do his hand gestures, purple sparks spilling out of his delicate fingers but Roman quickly stopped him.

"No, it's okay, it's fine... It's just, I was thinking..." He walked closer to his boyfriend who was pouting with puppy eyes at Roman, waiting fro his boyfriend to finish his statement. "It wouldn't be an issue if I didn't need to move back and forth..."

"Stop stalling, Lightwood..." Virgil chuckled.

Roman nodded and took a deep breath. "I mean, I spend almost every night here... so, what if I... moved in?"

With wide eyes looking into his own, Roman quickly asked. "Bad idea?"

Virgil was really shocked hearing Roman say those words. Never in his long life has he ever shared his apartment with one of his significant others from his past, so it was understatement he was caught off guard by his boyfriend's request.

But Virgil knew than to take things this fast, so he had to disline the offer and try not to hurt his love's feelings. So he replied "No...! It's a wonderful idea," he walked closer to his boyfriend, holding both of his arms. He could almost feel the joy the Lightwood boy was feeling, it was just a shame Virgil had to take that away. "for the future."

He visibly noticed Roman's face deflate, moving a bit, out of his boyfriend's grasps. Virgil internally flinched from his reaction. "Okay, I just thought-"

"We've been seeing each other for less than two months." He faught back his urge to take back what he said but he stood his ground and let Roman down slowly. "Roman, once we move in together, our relationship will change."

"Yeah, we'll be even closer." Roman replied too urgently and too deeply.

But still, Virgil didn't craved in. "No such thing." Roman's hurt expression really was getting to Virgil, but he can't, he can'y risk their relationship going too fast than it has to. "And one thing I've learned from the course of my long life; is to take your time."

Roman nods, hands behind his back and looking down, shamefully.

Virgil just smiled at him sadly, going on his tippy-toes and placed a lingering kiss to Roman's lips, unfortunately for Virgil, his boyfriend didn't kiss back. He pulled away and said. "Spaeking of time, I~ gotta go. I'm really late for house call. Talk to you later?"

The warlock started to walk towards his apartment's front door, but waited a reply from the silent shadowhunter. Then he heard a faint "Yeah" from Roman and took that as a sign to go.

"See yah!" He walked out of his apartment leaving Roman to stand in his apartment's hallway.

Speaking of, Roman looked up from his place and stared longingly at the box Virgil was holding, not long before he checked up on him.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

This is a bit short but that's just how it has to be >~< XD