Chapter 2

That plane ride was my ticket to a new life. I have been in Gotham now for three days and two nights. I still knew nothing about the place except it was dangerous. I booked a hotel for the first two days and enrolled at Gotham High. My first day there is tomorrow and I can only hope Shadow remains hidden. I decided not to stay in the hotel tonight, its draining my money too quickly and honestly what is the worst that can happen right? I stood up from the old ally and walked around the street gaining feeling back into my numb legs. Gotham was beautiful at night; the moon hung over the city and illuminated the skyline which cast shadows softly across the streets. I loved the night time it's the best time of the day, it holds so many dark secrets and uncovers the true beauty of the town.

I could hear footsteps behind me, very quiet and light but my senses were on such a high i heard them. Drawing back into the shadows I hid from the person following me. I saw a bat like figure drop from the roof in front of me. But it was a man. What DAFQ? Why is he dressed up in a costume at stupid o'clock in the morning?! He began looking around the street and then walked off around the corner. Letting out a shaky breath I began my walk down the street only to be restrained by the costume guy.

"Get the fuck off me you freak" I yelled at him. He didn't reply but only handcuffed me. Oh no what if he knows who I am?!

Let me out, I'll take him down Shadow hissed in my head. After murdering Jack and the girls she has become hungry for blood. I refused to let her out but kicked him in the crotch from behind and spun round only to be tackled to the floor by him.

"Hold on your not-" The deep husky voice of the bat thingy said to me.

"GET OFF ME!" I yelled at him. He stood up straight away and gently stood me up and removed the handcuffs.,

"Sorry miss I perceived you to be someone else. What are you doing out at this time on your own? It's not safe" He asked me, I was to angry to be polite.

"You better be fricking Sorry you freak! Why the hell did you tackle me anyway?! You're not police so you have no right to handcuff me!" I shouted at him. He sighed and looked down at me.

"I'm sorry, i need you to come with me to the GCPD for your own protection" He said to me, i began to panic, what if they find out who i am?!

Calm down you fool, just go and give your sisters name. Shadow said in a duh tone. I nodded my head to the bat.

"So who are you then? Why do you wear a costume?" I asked him. He chuckled and opened his car door for me to get in then went around the front and started the car.

"I'm Batman, a vigilante and serve to protect Gotham City" He said matter of factly. I nodded my head at him and watched the streets go past as we drove to GCPD. I put one of my earphones in and listened to Linkin Park The Catalyst. I shut my eyes and caught some sleep.

All too soon I was woken up by Batman who had me in his arms walking down what i assume to be the police station. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. He stopped and put me down on the floor.

"Thank you" I mumbled to him. He nodded at me as i stretched out my arms. I followed him down the long corridor until we came to a big wooden door with the name 'Officer Gordon' on the front. The bat knocked twice on the door and waited. I began playing with my hands, nervous at how fate will treat me. When the door opened a middle aged man was stood at the door. He had brown greying hair in a comb over fashion and a 'tash. On his nose he had framed glasses which showed tired looking brown eyes. He looked friendly enough. He smiled at batman and looked down to me almost in shock, ushering us into the office batman and the man I believe is Gordon sat at the table. I joined them and looked down at my hands.