[SNSD] Star-crossed - Yulsic, Taeny, Yoonhyun

Italics

- Thoughts

Prologue

“Come here.”

The girl’s face was shining under the moonlight; her eyes filled with longing. She was undeniably beautiful.

“I-- I should go.” she found herself stammering as she turned towards the door, mentally slapping herself in the face for even thinking about the possibility of spending the night.

“Why?”

“You’re drunk. I’m going home.” she replied without turning back to look at the girl. She knew that if she looked into those eyes again, she would relent.

As she reached for the door knob, she felt the girl coming closer.

Leave leave leave leave leave!! Her mind screamed.

“Don’t.” the girl said as she pinned her against the door. At this proximity, she could feel her warm breath on the back of her neck, she could smell the alcohol in her breath and the scent on her body.

That strawberry scent...

She instantly felt weak and found herself drowning in it, while the girl’s arms wrapped around her waist.

“Don’t go.” the girl whispered. “I missed you, Yuri.”

This is wrong…

It was killing Yuri to resist, she wanted so much to stay. She gripped on the door knob tightly; this was her only escape. It was now or never.

“Sorry…” was all Yuri managed to say before she made her exit.

Rejecting Jessica Jung was the hardest thing she’s ever had to do.

-----

Chapter 1

“I’m home.” Yuri said as she opened the door to her apartment. It was already past 4 in the morning.

She scanned the apartment. “Not home again.” Yuri mumbled as she dropped her bag on the floor. Walking into the kitchen, she found a bright yellow post-it pasted on the fridge.

‘Schedule runs late. Don’t wait up for me. Bought Ma for you. Love, Minnie’

“Park Sunyoung, invisible girlfriend.” Yuri sighed sarcastically as she made her way to the living room and plopped down on the couch. She brought a hand up to her forehead and rubbed her temples lightly.

The night’s events replayed in her head. She was that close to becoming a cheater, and the thought of it scared her. She disliked cheaters for a particular reason; the fact that cheating involved breaking a bond of trust was daunting. Yuri strived to be excellent in everything, she excelled in the academics, sports, and she strived to be an excellent girlfriend. That aside, Yuri was warm, kind, selfless and undeniably attractive. She would naively sacrifice everything for the people whom she loved. Her cynical friends had labeled her ‘the perfect girlfriend’. Perfectly stupid.

But when it came to Jessica, Yuri began to understand why she allowed herself to edge so dangerously close to cheating.

Perfection.

The tall, tanned girl had been in a relationship with Hyomin for a year now. Maybe it was the “perfect girlfriend” in Yuri that moved the aspiring singer, who was presently at the peak of her career. Yuri was proud of her girlfriend, she loved her, cared for her, and supported her through the tumultuous times when she was still a rising star. She tried to remain indifferent about the fact that they had to keep their relationship under wraps, making extra effort to arrange their meetings in secret places and refraining from being intimate in public. She knew how cruel it could be, being in an industry like this; Hyomin sometimes came home crying, mostly due to the pressure that came with constantly being in the spotlight. The sight of her vulnerable girlfriend in her arms always made the extremely soft-hearted Yuri feel weak. She wanted to do anything she could to protect her.