let's get lost

"elle! you're going to make your friends late!" her mother called from the kitchen. elle was in her room making hasty last minute additions to her suitcase.

"i'll be right there," she half-yelled. with her two big rollaways and her backpack in tow, she left her house and spotted luke and michael leaning against a ratty mini van, grins on their faces.

"did you bring your entire wardrobe?" luke asked, eyeing her suitcases.

"did you bring your entire life?" michael joked. "there's no way you need that much."

elle glared at the two boys and strode past them as she threw her suitcases, letting the boys handle her things.

"i'll see you in a few weeks, mom." she said, kissing her mother's cheek.

"i love you, honey." her mother whispered. she pulled her daughter in for a hug. "make sure you have fun."

elle eyes luke's figure as a smirk formed on her face. "you know i will."

michael had proposed a trip to the beach for their group of friends after the last day of school. it was a way to unwind from their school troubles and kick back. of course, this beach happened to be a ten hour drive from where they lived. according to michael, the best beach just happened to also be the farthest away. and on top of that, calum's family just happened to own a beach house there.

slinging the straps of the backpack over her shoulders, elle followed the boys to a used mini van.

"shotgun!" michael shouted, running towards the car.

luke and elle followed at a more stately pace. "still can't drive, mikey?" elle shouted at his back.

michael whirled around, only slowing a bit. "at least I haven't crashed a car yet!"

"yes, because being rear-ended by some jackass at a red light was my fault." she deadpanned.

luke smiled down at the girl, wrapping his arm her. "this trip is gonna be great."

elle grinned and pulled him down for a short kiss, she climbed into the mini van, already seeing calum behind the wheel, ashton beside him, and natalia sitting beside a pouting michael in the back.

"so, where are we going again?" michael asked for the umpteenth time.

calum whipped around to glare at him. "i already told, my dad's beach house."

"wait, where?" natalia asked, smirking at michael.

"i thought the point of putting you in the backseat was so you and michael would make out and stop flapping your jaws." calum retorted, rolling his eyes.

michael smirked. "haven't ruled it out."

natalia pushed him away from her.

"so, are we all ready to go?" calum asked, ready to start the long drive.

"wait!" ashton yelled. "wait, one second. i'm expecting someone."

"oooh, did little ashton bring a girlfriend?" luke teased. the rest of the group 'ood' and 'awed'.

a blush crawled up ashton's neck. "she's not my girlfriend yet, but i hope this trip could change that."