The opposite side of him

"Shimotani... why are you doing this.. what did I do?" I asked as he laid beside me, it was late, well out of what I could see from the basement it was late. He put his hand on my cheek, I gently flinched.
"Why are you so scared?" He looked at my legs and my head with the ice pack on it. He sat up.
"Willow, what happened to you?" I was worried, confused, and scared.
"What? Shimotani, I'm terrified right now, I'm scared of you. Seriously, you did this to me.." I sat up and crawled over to the wall. I laid against it and stared at him. I was about to have a break down.
"Willow, what the hell are you talking about? I didn't do that, I would never do that to you." I was even more scared.
"Yes you did Shimotani. I know you wouldn't do this, that's why I'm scared.. you called me ugly, and you hit me, you pulled me by my hair. You were so angry for some reason.. please, just tell me what the fuck is going on with you. I don't understand what's happening, or why you were made at me. I'm so terrified, you sent me off to make 'proper accommodations' for me. The fuck is that supposed to mean?" He stared at me, then walked over to me, I was worried he would hit me again. I looked down.
"A maid at Maki's house told me that you had broken her wrist and almost broke her ankle. Is that true?" He knelt down, then grabbed a piece of my hair, I flinched and felt tears starting to fall.
"Your hair.. what happened to it? You keep flinching too.. did I do that?" He looked down to the floor.
"Maki cut it.." I answered. He looked back up at me.
"Did I do anything else to you?" He went a little closer to me.
"You told me that a steady cut along my neck would look pretty, and that bruises would also look pretty. You really are scaring me you know.." I answered back as he looked down again. I saw a couple tears fall. The tears stopped then he started to laugh maniacally. I scooted back although there was no more room to.
"Shimotani?" He grabbed my thigh.
"You should be scared Willow, cause everything about you will be pretty when I put cuts and bruises on your while body. I felt his hand press against my ankle I yelped in pain as he yanked my whole body towards him, my heart started to race in fear. He grabbed a rope and then tied it around my hands. He sat down with me for a moment.
"Shimotani, what are you doing? Did I do something again?" He stared at me.
"Willow, I made accommodations for you, you are grateful aren't you?" He put his hand gently around my neck.
"Uh, yes. Of course I'm grateful." He took his hand away.
"Good girl." He stood up and tied the other end of the rope to a hook on the ceiling of the basement. As he pulled the rope up I was pulled up to stand. He finished tying it and then walked over to the table he had the hammer and other tools on. I was crying once again. I tried to stop myself, it was slightly working. But some tears were still there. He grabbed a tool and walked back over to me.
"Tsk. Willow, you started crying, are you trying to make it worse for yourself?" He put his hand up to my cheek and rubbed the tears off.
"N-no, I just. I didn't mean to start crying. I'm sorry Shimo-"
"Man! You really want to get hurt don't you?" He smiled. I started to breath quicker as I became even more terrified. He lifted up the tool he grabbed.
"What do you think? I'm going to make you pretty like I said."

He started to slash my hands and body with the knife as well as hitting me with a slap or punch everytime I whimpered or flinched

He started to slash my hands and body with the knife as well as hitting me with a slap or punch everytime I whimpered or flinched. After I believe two hours of this. He had finally stopped.
"Shimotani, please. Tell me what I did to you that made you so angry. I can fix it I promise I can." I cried out to him as he walked back to the table and set the knife down.
"Willow, I really don't understand you. As well as I can tell you don't understand me. You seriously are a stupid bitch like Maki said." He said while glaring at me from the table.
"You're right.. I am stupid.. and I don't understand. Maybe you could make me understand..." I said as I looked down at the floor. There was blood dripping down my body, creating a pool of blood. Shimotani walked over to me.
"Look at me." He demanded. I lifted my head up and stared at him.
"You want to cry right now, don't you? Well this is the one time I'll allow it." He stared at me, like waiting for an answer. I started to pour down tears.

I still didn't understand anything that was happening

I still didn't understand anything that was happening. He switch his feelings in a snap.
"Willow, you really don't understand anything, do you? Isn't it obvious? I'm a complete different personality than that Shimotani you love so much. I played along with him to act as that idol you look up to for care, support and rescue. He promised me a new person that I would love to toy with. He promised me you, I've been taking over more often. I can make him forget. Your job is to remind him, with the scars, with the blood. But most importantly, you have to remind him by being afraid." I stopped crying. I didn't know how I felt.
"Shimotani.. you're saying he has multiple personalities, aren't you? He has a psychotic side to him that is taking over which makes him one of the most dangerous and abusive masters to have.." He lifted my head up to look up at him more.
"Ding Ding, what do we have for her Johnny? Though this is something new, how do you know what this disorder is called? It's not popular so it's not mentioned practically at all."
"My first master had multiple personalities, my mom also had multiple personality disorder... I tried to study it when I could but every time I did the book I was writing in was burned by my master.." He put his hands around my neck.
"Willow, you know that the other side of Shimotani loves you. He really does, but me. I fucking hate you, I want to hurt you as much as I can, but I still want to keep you alive." He said as he tightened his grip with every sentence. I started to try and gently kick him. He suffocated me until I stopped moving my legs. His expression changed and he jolted his hands away. He ran back over to the table and grabbed the knife, he cut off the rope and I fell down to the floor. I coughed and laid still in the pool of my own blood. He grabbed the first aid kit again and patched my wounds. Shimotani picked me up carefully and carried me out of the basement.
"Shimotani.. I understand now.." He stopped where he was walking, he looked down at me.
"I'm sorry, for being ugly, and a stupid bitch.. I'm sure I'll get used to this soon." I attempted to give him a smile. He started to cry. He put me on the couch and knelt down to lay his head down beside me.
"I'm so sorry, Willow. He's becoming more powerful than I thought. I shouldn't have promised you to him.. this is all my fault." I slowly moved my hand to hold his cheek.
"Shimotani.. it's ok, I'll be okay. I promise."
"Did he tell you anything? Anything you find important?" He asked as he looked up at me.
"He told me that he wanted to hurt me as much as possible, but not kill me. He also told me that he wouldn't allow you to remember yourself doing it, that I had to remind you, with my scars, blood, and my fear of you.." I stared at the ceiling, Shimotani put his hand on my cheek and wiped a tear that started to fall. I held his hand, this was the Shimotani I knew, the kind, concerned and caring one. The other one of him is a complete opposite that no one should have to see. One day, he might only be that other side, and then, that will be Shimotani, the one I love won't exist. I hope that day doesn't come.

 I hope that day doesn't come