01

"tyla, you're on in 20 minutes!"

i groaned, getting up off the couch in my trailer. "i'm so tired." i complained.

my bests friends, jasmine and demetrius, looked at me like i was crazy. "what?" i asked them.

"dude, you're finally living your dream. this is the first music festival that you're  performing at! be excited!" jasmine said, getting up off the couch as well. meech nodded in agreement.

i knew they were right. "i am excited! i just shouldn't of partied all last night." last night, my best friends and i threw a party at our huge hotel room to celebrate my first music festival. it was fun and all but i think i might've had too much to drink. scratch that. i knew i had too much to drink.

"just smoke a blunt or something. that'll calm you down and it'll make you do your thing on stage." meech suggested.

i nodded. "yeah, let's do that. who's got a blunt?"

meech laughed and pulled out one of the blunts we had pre-rolled in a ziplock baggie. you gotta come prepared at a three day festival.

he lit it and handed it to me. i held it up to my lips and took a few hits then letting it out. i was getting ready to take another hit but there were loud bangs on the door. "tyla! 10 minutes! let's go!"

"i'm coming, soph!" i quickly took another hit and put out the blunt. "you two are coming with me."

jasmine put the blunt back in the bag. "duh. we're not gonna miss your show for the world." the two stood up.

i took in a deep breathe and fixed my stage outfit one last time.

"you ready, wolf?" meech asked me, calling me by my stage name.

i smiled. "i'm ready." i opened the door to the trailer and saw my manager, sophia, and two security guards.

sophia sighed in relief. "finally. you three get on the golf cart. you need to be on stage in 7 minutes!"

we quickly got into to the golf cart and started to make our way to the stage. i could hear the crowd yelling, waiting for me to get on stage.

the golf cart stopped infront of a small set of stairs that led up to the side of the stage. it was all hitting me at this point. this was really happening. don't get me wrong, i've had shows before, but performing at a music festival as big as rolling loud is was insane to me.

meech pushed me out of the golf cart. "come on! you ready?"

i nodded. "i'm ready." i took in a deep breathe and a lady handed me a mic. jasmine, meech and i all walked up the stairs to the stage but they stayed on the side where they could still watch me but not be on stage. i embraced them in a hug at the edge of the stage.

"you did it, ty." jasmine whispered. "now get out there and kill it!"

i smiled widely. the music to one of my songs started to play and i knew that was my cue to get on stage. the crowd went crazy as the music played. i put my ear piece in my ear and the microphone up to my lips.

"how y'all doing tonight?" i said as i walked out on the stage. the crowd went back pretty far. a lot farther than i would've ever expected.

"my name is wolf tyla." i said into the mic as i stood in the center of the stage. the crowd started screaming once again which brought a huge smile to my face.

here we go.