Chapter 19: Finally.

Brian's POV

The last few days with Jess have been some of the best days of my life. We spent the entire weekend together. I finally had my best friend back. Someone I could joke, laugh, and have fun with. But having her as my girlfriend meant that I could finally show her how much she's always meant to me. When she first kissed me, we had this instant chemistry, like we should've been doing this the whole time. And when I read her letter to me that next day, I felt confident that she finally felt the same way about me.

I didn't realize that we would become so close, almost immediately. I expected that there would've been an adjustment period, while we adapted to this new stage in our relationship. But that couldn't have been further from the truth. From the moment she first kissed me, I've felt a strong connection between us. The two of us had craved each other for so long that we comfortably fell into the relationship, without needing time to adapt. We couldn't keep our hands off each other and I was happy to shower her with affection like she's never experienced before.

When Sal came to visit that next morning, I forgot that we had plans to write together. There were so many other things going on, that it just slipped my mind. Jess was clearly embarrassed because we hadn't talked about how we were going to tell people. But I didn't mind that Sal knew because he's always pushed me to tell Jess how I feel. He was rooting for us. But so were a lot of people, including my parents. They would always pester me, asking when I was going to settle down and date a nice girl. They would ask why didn't I just date Jess, as if it was so easy.

----

Sal and I drove to set together that day. He was the only one who knew about my relationship with Jess. I had asked him not to tell the others because I wanted to share it myself. When we got to set, we greeted the crew and started chatting about our weekend.

"How was your weekend boys?" Joe asked.

"Pretty good," I answered modestly, while Sal gave me this evil look.

"Pretty good? I'd say you had a VERY good weekend," Sal told them.

"What happened? Did you get laid?" Murr asked. I think sex is the only thing the ferret thinks about.

"Maybe," I answered coyly.

"Nice. You pick up some chick at a bar?" Murr asked, since that's normally how it happens for me.

"Nope, just someone I know," I told them.

"He finally fucked Jess and now they're together," Sal blurted out.

"Sal? I thought he talked about this?" I asked him. I wanted to be the one to share it with everyone. I was just having a little fun stringing them along.

"Dude, I can't with you two. It's been five years. Do you really want to drag this out any longer?" Sal asked.

"Wait. Jessica? As in Jessica Calaway, the girl you've been hopelessly in love with for five years?" Joe asked, just to be perfectly clear.

"Well, it's not so hopeless anymore," I told them.

"Really? How was it?" Murray asked, referring to the sex.

Normally I would brag about my sexual escapades, but this time was different. Jess wasn't just some random girl I hooked up with from a bar. Sure, the sex with Jess was incredible. She's the best sex I've ever had because we had such a strong chemistry together. But I wasn't about to tell the guys all of this. I preferred to keep that aspect of my relationship to myself.

"Is that all you can think about? She's not just sex, she's my girlfriend," I told them, proudly.

"How did this even happen?" Joe asked, somewhat surprised.