Chapter Twenty-Two: The Baby Shower

“You look amazing,” Tanya said as she hugged Gabriela, who was now thirty-one weeks pregnant and she hadn’t seen her friends in a week since someone had leaked her pregnancy to the press; she hardly left the house now so she could avoid the horrible names that people called her.

“That’s good because I’m slowly starting to feel like a beached whale,” Gabriela joked making her friend laugh and shake her head, it wasn’t a big get together but Tanya and Kathryn had both made sure that no one would leak anything to the press.

“Rubbish… you look incredible,” Mirian said as she approached the small group, she had spent a lot of time with Gabriela since the world had turned on her and she had grown to care for the blonde as a sister like she did with Vania.

Mirian had even realised that Gabriela was a better suit for her brother, she had seen the looks that the two had shared recently and she had a feeling that the two had started to develop feelings for one another.

Kathryn glanced over at Pilar who was talking with Paqui, she knew that the two women didn’t like Gabriela and she doubted that Paqui would form any bond with the blonde while Pilar was still in the picture.

“So have you thought about baby names?” Tanya said as she moved with Gabriela to sit down, she knew that none of this was easy for her friend and she wished that there was something that she could do; even with Sergio’s statement it hadn’t stopped any of the anger and hate towards the blonde.

“We’re been thinking something along the lines of Belinda, Chloe, Amelia,” Gabriela said as she sat down, she was wearing a teal maternity V-neck dress with gold tab paired with black heeled sandals; she had wanted to look nice for the baby shower since a lot of people were coming.

***

Pilar frowned as she watched Gabriela talk quietly with a couple of her close friends, she was still upset that Sergio had moved the blonde in without asking her and she knew that she was losing control.

“How are you?” Paqui asked as she stopped next to the brunette that her youngest son had wronged, she didn’t know what had made Sergio risk his relationship with the reporter for someone like Gabriela; she was nothing more than a gold-digger and Paqui didn’t like her.

“I’ve been better… I just wished she’d disappear,” Pilar said bitterly, she had always been able to speak her mind with Paqui even though she knew that if the older woman discovered that she was the person who had leaked the story then she’d be thrown out.

“Everyone thinks she’s so innocent… but they don’t see how she lusts after Sergio, she seduced him just to have his child and take him away from me,” Pilar said softly as she wondered why she hadn’t gone into acting, she pretended to wipe away tears; she almost smiled at Paqui comforted her as Gabriela took a seat with one of her friends.

Paqui offered Pilar a small hug, she couldn’t understand why her son hadn’t reached out to his girlfriend like he was doing with the blonde and she hoped that as soon as the baby was born that things would slowly start to work out again.

“Excuse me… I have to just run to the bathroom,” Pilar said as her voice shook, she couldn’t believe how well she had Paqui wrapped around her finger; she knew that this was the best way to get what she want, she walked away from Paqui and headed straight for the bathroom as someone walked into the house.

Kathryn paused as she looked at the red head, who fluffed her head and headed further into the house; she didn’t know who the woman was but she knew that she wasn’t on the guest list.

“Pardon me… but don’t I know you from somewhere?” Kathryn asked as she approached the red head, she furrowed her brow since she knew everyone on the guest list and it made her curious about who had invited this woman; she also knew her from somewhere and she couldn’t figure out where.