Daughter of Despair

{Upupupu~ So, shall we start?}

Mukuro nodded her head at her sister's question, giving a low bow in her tattered suit ( Ewww, you look so pretty in a dress Mukuro, I hate it! wear the suit instead. it fits you better.). Junko returned the action with a beaming, excited grin, giggling as the clock struck 3 o'clock for the first time of her despairing reign. However, this is of little importance to the story, so let us forget it.

~~~~~~

{There was once upon a time in another place an evil kingdom who no person dared to face.}

That wasn't always true, however. In fact, their parents had been quite kind to their people. Or perhaps they hadn't, and the people of the present simply assumed that any time before Her reign was better. Honestly, the princess herself could barely remember. All She could recall from her early childhood was Despair. And that never changed.

{and the ruler was a girl so mean, a tiny little princess of only age 16!}

no one spoke Her name. No one dared. She was barely a teenager, but She ruled with no guidance but her own hunger for despair. Honestly, mean was such a mild way of putting it. But then again, who would dare to insult the queen?

{so much furniture littered her abode}

There used to be more furniture. In fact, the furniture She had now was either Ugly or very stubborn and scratched up. She had destroyed all of Her favorite furniture, for nothing but the sake of despair. That didn't mean that She didn't buy more furniture, luxurious and lined with treasures that weren't necessary for comfort. Really, it was all almost as ugly as Her twin.

{A loyal servant, Whose likeness surely showed~}

Ugly, but useful. A fighter, a killer, anything the princess needed. she did whatever the princess requested, and the princess had absolutely no qualms abusing this (or any other) command. she would die for the princess. She put hours into changing her appearance to attend Gala's the princess had no interest in. The perfect little tool (and Her only family), and that was really the only reason she was allowed to remain at Her side.

{Joshephine was what her horse was named.}

Keyword on "was". The beautiful creature with a perfect coat and peak health had been killed off years ago. The princess was feeling a bit too glad, so she ordered her favorite horse to death, breaking her legs and turning her into a bottle of glue that sat proudly on her desk.

{All the riches in the world are what she claimed.}

She had little interest in said riches, honestly. She didn't care much for her luxurious quality of life. In fact, quite the opposite, she would much prefer the Despair of living in squalor (and she should know, she had allowed her ugly sister to impersonate her for weeks on end when she was especially bored and wanted to live on the horrid streets she had driven mad, witnessing murder and assault and laughing). Alas, taking all the riches for herself would force others to share in her beloved Despair. She was nothing if not generous, despite the claims of others. She just..Had her own way to show it.

{"If you're short on money that's no big thing, just take from those whom you dangle on a string!"}

Her advice given so easily to a brown sobbing girl dressed in a red cowl, ocean blue eyes glaring up at her with a burning fire. The monarch looked down on her with a bemused snicker, as if she had no comprehension of the fact that many people dangled no one on a string (well, she was well aware, but that was their fault really. It wasn't hard to find idiots to bend to your rule, if you have no one at your beck and call then you're beyond sympathy). It mattered not though, and she dismissed the girl who graved over a dead...Friend? Lover? Ally? The monarch didn't care enough to pay attention. The peasant was dismissed with a scoff.