Chapter 1

It was the day she had waited for all her life. Every thing looked surreal for Ajifa. The warmth in the steam room kissed her skin, as she sipped from her tall glass of cocktail, decorated with a slice of pineapple. She wondered what she would be doing on this day, if she hadn't met him. Probably writing in her room and not caring what date or time of day it was.

Just 6 months ago, while she was leaving the gym, Ajifa noticed someone had parked in front of her. Ogbonge gym was usually packed on Saturdays, so there was hardly any space to park your car. She stared in distress for a minute, still trying to figure out how to get home, to make it early for Nala's art exhibition opening.

Ajifa noted down the plate number of the car and went to speak with a security guard in sight, to see if they were able to make an announcement. After a while that felt like hours, she saw someone running towards her. The frustration in her eyes couldn't let her notice his striking features, but she saw it sha. He was Fine!

"I am so sorry" he said, panting from the run and probably the work out session he had just done. She usually was polite, but wasn't having it today. "Sorry for yourself" she said, tilted her jaw, and curled in the angles of her mouth, the way a typical Nigerian would do after being sarcastic. He didn't seem moved by her reaction. He had even expected worse.

Quickly, Alex got his car out of the way and Ajifa muttered a brief "thank you", driving off.

To be continued...

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Please don't forget to vote 👍 & leave a comment ✏
Thanks! ❤