chapter eight.

"I don't wanna waste my time, become another casualty of society," Lainey sung at the top of her lungs from the passenger seat as her feet were propped up on the dash and arms flung everywhere.

"Become another victim of your conformity I'll back down," I sung back, banging my head a bit whilst trying to keep focus on the road. I glanced up to the mirrors and saw Michael in the backseat, head against the door and feet laid across the seats. He was scrolling through twitter while humming along a bit to the Sum 41 song we were blasting.

Pulling into a parking space, I shut off the car and stepped out.

"Where to first?" Michael asked as he slid his phone into his back pocket and looked up at us.

"Can we stop and get some froyo then go to the record store?" Lainey asked.

Michael and I nodded in agreement and we all started walking towards the entrance. Michael and I's hands brushed as we walked, and I could see his cheeks light up to a crimson tone. We stepped into the frozen yogurt shop, and I was immediately in heaven.

I walked up to the station and grabbed one of the bowls and looked over at the self serve machines, pondering which flavor of yogurt I should choose. Michael and Lainey were walking up to each and debating as well. I ended up settling on chocolate flavored, whereas Lainey got key lime pie flavored and Michael got berry blast. After we paid, we walked outside and sat on a bench by the fountain, diving right into our bowls of frozen yogurt.

"So you guys are cousins, eh?" I said, opening conversation.

"Yeah, I can't believe that you two live right across from each other, out of all the places he could've moved," Lainey said

"I'm really happy that I live across from you though, you seem really enjoyable to be around," Michael said as he smiled over to me. I grinned back as I ate another spoonful of froyo.

"Oh no, no no you are not going to be with my best friend. She is mine," Lainey said as she wrapped her arms around me and splayed her legs around me. Michael was laughing in hysterics as I tried to pry Lainey off of me whilst trying not to spill my yogurt on the both of us.

"Lainey, off!" I laughed.

"No! Michael is gonna steal you from me!" Lainey protested.

"You two can share me. Deal?" I said, looking down at Lainey. Lainey scowled at Michael as she slowly untangled herself from me. 

"I'm watching you, clifficorn." Lainey said to Michael.

"I'm not gonna steal her from you," Michael giggled as he returned to his froyo.

I giggled, shaking my head as I finished mine and got up to throw my bowl away. I threw it away, and turned around and bumped into Michael who was right behind me.

"Oh, uh shit sorry," I said in shock as I looked up at Michael. He blushed and looked down at me, then to the floor where his empty bowl fell. 

"Uh, I'll get this," I said as I bent down and grabbed the cup, throwing it away after. I looked up at Michael who smiled a 'thank you'.

Micheal and I started walking towards the fountain, and I broke the silence by asking "So how are you liking the town so far?" 

"I like it here, I mean I haven't really seen the town much but having you across from me is enough," Michael said as he blushed and looked down at the ground, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

I looked over to Michael and giggled. 

"What?" Michael laughed back.

"You're so cute when you're trying to be slick," I giggled back.

"Oh shush, I'm trying okay," He smiled as he looked over to the fountain.

Looking down to my feet, a million thoughts ran through my head. Does he like me? Was he just flirting? Whoa, he likes me?

"Yes, I do," Michael said, looking up at me, "You're not good at thinking silently," Michael giggled

I blushed, looking down and covering my burning cheeks with my hands. 

"Aww, who's the blushy one now Mrs. 'you're-so-cute-when-you're-trying-to-be-slick'," Michael teased, looking down at me and nudging my shoulder.

I finally looked back up to him, and he smiled down at me with a loving gaze. He bit his lip slightly, and before I knew it he was leaning in. I closed my eyes and thought fuck it and leaned in. However, Lainey ran up to us and squeezed in between Michael and I.

"WHOA THERE YOU TWO ARE NOT NOPE HAHA TIME TO GO TO THE RECORD STORE YAY," Lainey said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me away. If there was ever a time I wanted to kill Lainey most, it would be now.

- - - -

(((A/N: Hey! There has been a lot of changes for the story, including the cover! Do you like it? 

Also, I made a blog dedicated to this fic where you can find updates and bits of info and pictures that you won't see here! You can check it out on whatdotheyknowfic.tumblr.com 

By the time you read this I will have pictures of characters up. Check it out! xx ))))